Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

first vette kill

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 03:57 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Default RE: first vette kill

LS2>than a bolt on GT. Maybe it was a mirage.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Acai/tune is an incredibly beneficial modification. Non-owners seem to overlook it. This is not to say that it would nec be enough to win this race, but it is definitely enough to hold your own against an average driver in the vette, assuming stock.

Mr Rogers...FIGHT ON!
Old 08-30-2007, 04:26 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Maybe you didnt see him in your rear view because he was in front of you? Just a possibility.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:05 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

If this is a highway roll race with speeds getting up in the triple digits...., then there is no way a S197 with your mods would pull on a C5.....You said you looked in your rearview and he was no where in sight?.....Before you looked back he turned off is the only reason I can think of.......Unless your car can break the sound barrier...
Old 08-30-2007, 06:19 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrRogers

ORIGINAL: brendend

it was a c5 and not a z06. anyway. we both got onto the freeway at the same time and my buddy was begging me to mess around with it. so i pull up next to him. turn the o.d off then put it into 3rd. the down shifts made him look over. then i floor it then slow back down to get next to him about 3 times.when i got back next to him i hear him downshift and he punchs it.[sm=gears.gif] he had a half car on me before i got level with im. i kept on it till about 125ish and i didnt see him in my rear view.there were no exits for him to get off. i slowed down to 60 (the speed limit is 65) and wait for him to catch up. about 3 miles go by and my exit is coming up, so i look for him again in my rear view and still dont see him [sm=happy046.gif][sm=wootwoot.gif]
At some point of this ordeal, he stopped racing..probably right after he got a car length ahead of you...lol

LS1 C5s are no joke on the FWY, I topped mine out at 176mph bone crappy-air-filterstock.. In fact on a long stretch of road, they are very tough to beat.

i see you mention top speed often....iknow you drive a(sweet) car with avery high top speed...but istill don't get it. most of us don't care how fast it goes in the standing mile and sure as hell don't consider the car to reach a mile first a winner...just a 1/4 mile. lower hp cars reach crazy speeds in the salt flats each year...gearing and aerodynamics

op i don't get your post either lol...unless you hit 88mph and drive delorean you didn't lose the c5 with your mods
Old 08-30-2007, 06:54 PM
deathadder
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

it was a c5 and not a z06. anyway. we both got onto the freeway at the same time and my buddy was begging me to mess around with it. so i pull up next to him. turn the o.d off then put it into 3rd. the down shifts made him look over. then i floor it then slow back down to get next to him about 3 times.when i got back next to him i hear him downshift and he punchs it.[sm=gears.gif] he had a half car on me before i got level with im. i kept on it till about 125ish and i didnt see him in my rear view.there were no exits for him to get off. i slowed down to 60 (the speed limit is 65) and wait for him to catch up. about 3 miles go by and my exit is coming up, so i look for him again in my rear view and still dont see him [sm=happy046.gif][sm=wootwoot.gif]
At some point of this ordeal, he stopped racing..probably right after he got a car length ahead of you...lol

LS1 C5s are no joke on the FWY, I topped mine out at 176mph bone crappy-air-filter stock.. In fact on a long stretch of road, they are very tough to beat.

i see you mention top speed often....i know you drive a (sweet) car with a very high top speed...but i still don't get it. most of us don't care how fast it goes in the standing mile and sure as hell don't consider the car to reach a mile first a winner...just a 1/4 mile. lower hp cars reach crazy speeds in the salt flats each year...gearing and aerodynamics

op i don't get your post either lol...unless you hit 88mph and drive delorean you didn't lose the c5 with your mods

ROFL
Old 08-30-2007, 07:00 PM
brendend
4th Gear Member

i never mention top speed. i only mention the speed at which i let off. i dont care if you guys belive me. i had someone in the car that can prove i won. if he let off then he let off. but he never had more then 1/2 a car on me and he was still driving hard when i was infront of him. noone belive me, owell
Old 08-30-2007, 07:29 PM
blacknotchbob
1st Gear Member

Maybe he went off into the woods, someone should go back and see if he's ok.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:45 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

LS1 C5s are no joke on the FWY, I topped mine out at 176mph bone crappy-air-filterstock.. In fact on a long stretch of road, they are very tough to beat.

i see you mention top speed often....iknow you drive a(sweet) car with avery high top speed...but istill don't get it. most of us don't care how fast it goes in the standing mile and sure as hell don't consider the car to reach a mile first a winner...just a 1/4 mile. lower hp cars reach crazy speeds in the salt flats each year...gearing and aerodynamics

I mention that because this way a HWY race. Where the C5 really shines. IRS tests driver skill on the launch but after that It's pretty much a walk in the park.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:45 PM
05MidBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

I suppose It's possible something was wrong with that particular C5. Other then that, you know #'s don't lie, the C5 rules Top-end...

Quick Reply: first vette kill