Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

~Lamborghini Kill~

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:59 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Default ~Lamborghini Kill~

I took my g/f out to dinner on Sunset blvd tonight. It’s her birthday and I decided to do something special for her. After a nice dinner I noticed a middle aged guy getting into a decked out yellow Lamborghini with black rims. His exhaust was loud as hell. There were people staring at him from the balcony of the restaurant and one dude yelled out to me “you should have bought a real sports car.” My g/f saw me getting a bit agitated so she tried to calm me down. But before I got in my Vette, I yelled back “I guarantee I can smoke whatever you or your buddies rolled up here in.” Everyone got quiet so I just hopped in my car and left to prevent a scene. Well, turns out this guy in the Lambo heard what I said and decided to come get some…. I’m not sure what kind it was…Gallardo, Murcilago, Prego, Raguetc but again this thing was clean. I didn’t know that he was going to go for it until he decided to ride my bumper for a few blocks. We finally hit an area with no traffic and my g/f started tightening her seatbelt and looking around for cops. She knows the drill. She was even nice enough to turn my competitive driving mode on. He rolled down his window and said “want me to honk it off?” I said “sure” He said “nah we’ll go when the light turns green.” I rolled up my window and began staring at my tach …I was on the gasholding it around2000-2500rpms. Ordinarily I would launch at a higher rpm but the tires were cold and I didn’t wanna sit there and spin while he wins.

Light goes green and I launch pretty damn good. 1st gear he gets a car on me. 2nd gear I get even. Begging of third I get one car. Middle of 3rd I get another car…By the time I shift to 4th hes 3 1/2 cars back. He shuts down and I do too. I slowed down to give him thumbs. He returns the gesture and says “nice race, that’s just about what I expected…is that the new ZR1?” “ I laughed and said how did you know?” He said “I know my cars… Later bro” Needless to say we laughed all the way home…I damn near cried.…lol
Old 12-31-2007, 12:01 AM
IWHINE
4th Gear Member

Default RE: ~Lamborgini Kill~

hahaha thats great
Old 12-31-2007, 12:04 AM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

this is my dream race, congrats
Old 12-31-2007, 12:05 AM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

lol, thats an awesome race. If he thought your car was a ZR1 I would say its probly a murcilego, but its hard to say. At least you didnt hurt his ego too bad and tell him you had a Z06.

Good kill.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:12 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

***** get a real car...like a v6 mustang for example.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:14 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

You got it made man, beating lambos, your Girl turning your competive mode on, Jesus! Awsome kill, you did the right thing by not over launching it.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:18 AM
Redneck97
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The Stig

lol, thats an awesome race. If he thought your car was a ZR1 I would say its probly a murcilego, but its hard to say. At least you didnt hurt his ego too bad and tell him you had a Z06.

Good kill.

Nah if it were me I would of told him it wasa '3.4 Special Edition'. Only one of one lmao.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:19 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Good kill and that's hillarious about the "ZR1...I know my cars" comment.

How fast (mph) were you going when you got even with him in 2nd, and then how fast when you shut down in 4th? Just curious.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:25 AM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black GT

How fast (mph) were you going when you got even with him in 2nd, and then how fast when you shut down in 4th? Just curious.
This should give you a good idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqR6Mnen5Vk
Old 12-31-2007, 12:26 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black GT

I was around 73mphin 2nd when we got even...by the time I shut down going into 4th I was doing a little over 120..

Quick Reply: ~Lamborghini Kill~