Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Modded Evo = demoralized by two yellow GTs

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 04:31 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Default Modded Evo = demoralized by two yellow GTs

About 1:40 into the video:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2178cf43-2cac-4d47-b77b-9a2b0059149b.htm

My mods:
Full bolt on 324rwhp. 4.30 gear

Middle lane (05 Mustang GT, username="Caution" on MF.com):
Full bolt on as well, I believe 319rwhp. 4.10 gear

Left lane (Evo VIII):
Full Stage II
downpipe, upper pipe (?), turboback exhaust, intake, chip, boost controller, and some other little stuff, but still on the stock turbo.
I believe he said it had approximately 330awhp.

Cliffs:
3-honk at 30mph on the highway.
I pulled about half a car through 2nd, and a whole car in3rdon both other cars.
4th gear I just walked away, finishing about 2-3 cars ahead of the other GT and Evo.
The other GT and the Evo have a little back-and-forth action. The GT let off a little when I hit the brakes because of a HUGE dip in the road. Another angle of the video from behind shows a shower of sparks shoot out from his car!

Notes:
I didn't powershift.
I wish I could have run on my 17s, because they add a ton of seat-of-pants acceleration, and I'd like to see the improvement on a video.
The nitrous was disconnected. I haven't gotten the 125 wet shot tuned yet. Once I do, I challenge Mr Rogers to a race for Pinks (lunch at Pinks hot dog shack, that is [8D]).
Old 01-22-2008, 05:21 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Modded Evo = demoralized by two yellow GTs

ORIGINAL: Sleeper05

About 1:40 into the video:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2178cf43-2cac-4d47-b77b-9a2b0059149b.htm

My mods:
Full bolt on 324rwhp. 4.30 gear

Middle lane (05 Mustang GT, username="Caution" on MF.com):
Full bolt on as well, I believe 319rwhp. 4.10 gear

Left lane (Evo VIII):
Full Stage II
downpipe, upper pipe (?), turboback exhaust, intake, chip, boost controller, and some other little stuff, but still on the stock turbo.
I believe he said it had approximately 330awhp.

Cliffs:
3-honk at 30mph on the highway.
I pulled about half a car through 2nd, and a whole car in3rdon both other cars.
4th gear I just walked away, finishing about 2-3 cars ahead of the other GT and Evo.
The other GT and the Evo have a little back-and-forth action. The GT let off a little when I hit the brakes because of a HUGE dip in the road. Another angle of the video from behind shows a shower of sparks shoot out from his car!

Notes:
I didn't powershift.
I wish I could have run on my 17s, because they add a ton of seat-of-pants acceleration, and I'd like to see the improvement on a video.
The nitrous was disconnected. I haven't gotten the 125 wet shot tuned yet. Once I do, I challenge Mr Rogers to a race for Pinks (lunch at Pinks hot dog shack, that is [8D]).
Good runs and great video

As for your challenge, I love pinks..right there on La Brea. How nice of you to offer me free lunch.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:44 AM
87GTMustangttop

/\ Enjoy your lunch as for the vid nice cars and good runs.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I dam near wrecked when I hit the bump in the road (hit my brakes trying to avoid running into that EVO) -- I just started to pull a little too ... there is another angle from behind somewhere (daboss has it I think) where you can see all sparks flying from under my stang. I'll see if I can get it and have Matt edit the video[8D]!! Good times tonight!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

Good runs and good kill! I doubt that Evo is putting down 330whp though. I remember when I had that exact setup minus the chip (Evo's don't get chipped, just tuned), I put down 263whp. (Mustang Dyno). Maybe his #'s are from a high reading dynojet or he has one hell of a tuner.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Karma_Hunden
2nd Gear Member

Nvr, when I when to tune mine, there was a guy with an VIII that had only tbe and intake (plus mbc) and TTP dyno'd it to 280hp or so, then they tuned it and raised it up to 320 by the end of 3-4 dyno runs. Perhaps it is a high reading dyno jet, I know for a fact not all of them are the same.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I dont remember all the mods of the EVO but next/ if I see him again I'll get them -- I know he said he was somewhere up there close to Geoff and myself
Old 01-22-2008, 11:45 AM
1.5LofFury
4th Gear Member

dude, Caution. you've got some crazy looking headlights on that beast! nice kills btw
Old 01-22-2008, 12:30 PM
noober
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Caution

I dam near wrecked when I hit the bump in the road (hit my brakes trying to avoid running into that EVO) -- I just started to pull a little too ... there is another angle from behind somewhere (daboss has it I think) where you can see all sparks flying from under my stang. I'll see if I can get it and have Matt edit the video[8D]!! Good times tonight!
I thought I saw that, but when I saw it, it looked like you had some red neons under you car.

I was thinking... "Did Caution just go ricer on me here? "
Old 01-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Karma_Hunden

Nvr, when I when to tune mine, there was a guy with an VIII that had only tbe and intake (plus mbc) and TTP dyno'd it to 280hp or so, then they tuned it and raised it up to 320 by the end of 3-4 dyno runs. Perhaps it is a high reading dyno jet, I know for a fact not all of them are the same.
I guess I seem toalways compare the dyno I used (BR) against others. My baseline was 210 (no mods). Most VIII's dyno between 205 & 215 on thisparticular dyno. The 9'sare around 215 - 225. When I had all that work done and only did 263, I was heartbroken, but I felt much better when I was noticed most other Evo VIII's with the same mods were doing the same thing. Can you imagine if the guy your talking about had a baseline run of 210 and picked up 110whp with just a TBE, Intake, MBC and tune? That would be insane.

Quick Reply: Modded Evo = demoralized by two yellow GTs