Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Raced an S2K

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Default Raced an S2K

He had at least exhaust, it was pretty loud. It happened on my way home tonight. It was a perfect opportunity other than the road being damp. We were both lined up next to each other on a 4 lane with a red light. I figured he was going to jump just by looking at his car. It had the newer wheels on it (so I'm assuming it was an 05 or newer S2K), which he had painted black. He also has one of those, "body kit in progress" deals going on with the unpainted parts, (Why don't people just wait until they have the money to do the whole body kit/painting at the same time?). Anyway, he took off when the light turned green. He didn't rev hard to launch, just kind of pulled off fast. I do the same and get up beside him, and then he gets on it hard, hard enough that he jumped a half car, so I floored mine I immediately broke traction and had to let off and get back on it. He never let out. Basically, we ended up doing a 35mph to 80mph roll race. Once I was able to get up enough speed to hold it down I pulled well over a bus length on him by the time I hit 80mph. When he was at my back bumper, I could vividly hear his V-Tec come in, but it didn't help him any. I was hoping he had it turboed or at least a few more mods. I really like those cars, but they need more under the hood, maybe more displacment or even a small turbo to make up for the lack of torque. If we had of both been able to get a proper launch, I'm pretty sure he would've been toast from the get-go, but with the wet pavement, it just wasn't happening.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

Nice kill! What do stock automatic mach 1's run in the 1/4? Very nice looking mach too. They were such a great value all around for their price(performance, handling, exterior, interior, etc.), Ford should bring them back.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:05 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

nice kill dude, just imagine how much damage you could have done from if the road wouldnt have been damp. Have you planned any mods for the mach ?
Old 11-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Joe, I'll find out for sure this Friday hopefully. The 8.6 I ran comes out to a fairly low 13 second run, like a 13.3-13.4. As far as what most automatic Machs run, man they are all over the place. MotorTrend got a 13.88 out of theirs, but I have seen quite a few running low 13s stock, so it's really hard to tell what one might do.

Thanks Cacimar. I believe it would've gotten pretty ugly for him if I could've really laid into it, but then again, he might of gotten a better launch. I doubt it would've mattered too much if he did though. I plan on throwing a cat-back on, a good tune, an intake manifold spacer (Machs really benefit from them, makes power all the way across),and I'm highly debating gears. I hate to have 4.10s without suspension and DRs to back it up, but at the same time my 3rd is alot like the 04 Goats, the car kind of dies at the bottom of 3rd until it gets the RPM back up, and 4.10s should help. Don't worry, I've got a hell of a Christmas list.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

Without a few key mods like full exhaust, intake, and some kind of tune/reflash they really don't pose a big threat. Good kill, I love black Machs.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I don't think it would put up much of a fight for a mach. Also, unless he had his car tuned for that exhaust, he lost power. When I was getting my car tuned about two years ago, I was talking to a kid who was getting a 3 inch exhaust on his S2K, and he even told me he expected to loose power, WTF? Idiot.

S2ks are fun to drive, but deffinatly not drag cars without a good amount of mods. Don't look for honda adding FI anytime soon, their thing is NA power. Maybe a little more displacement, but deffinatly no turbo.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:50 AM
ezekiel90
3rd Gear Member

s2k's are a waste of 35k. you can get so much better
Old 11-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Turbo Integra
Yeah, I don't think it would put up much of a fight for a mach. Also, unless he had his car tuned for that exhaust, he lost power. When I was getting my car tuned about two years ago, I was talking to a kid who was getting a 3 inch exhaust on his S2K, and he even told me he expected to loose power, WTF? Idiot.

S2ks are fun to drive, but deffinatly not drag cars without a good amount of mods. Don't look for honda adding FI anytime soon, their thing is NA power. Maybe a little more displacement, but deffinatly no turbo.
That SUV that acura turboed has given all the honda guys in my area a ray of hope that one day soon one of the civics or accords, maybe even the S2K will have factory FI.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ezekiel90
s2k's are a waste of 35k. you can get so much better
Absolutely. $35K can get you so much better.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:31 AM
jakeachy
3rd Gear Member

for straight line speed, yes. for a quality na sports car that can handle like God, not much better.

Quick Reply: Raced an S2K