MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Street/Strip (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip-25/)
-   -   RX8 Kill... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip/524879-rx8-kill.html)

Soldier GT 03-17-2009 07:03 PM

RX8 Kill...

Finally got some good weather today so, decided to drive the stang. As I was driving down this four lane road, I look in my mirror and see this yellow RX 8 coming fast. Guy get's besides me, revs his engine and takes off. It was a little to much traffic for a street race so I didn't blast him.....not yet. He slows down and he's besides me no traffic, no cops. He takes off I pull on him hard and put 2 to 3 cars on him easy. Got to a light and he's reving doing burnouts I'm just sitting there. Light turns green and let's just say it wasn't preety. Gotta say the 410's coupled with the other mods really put alot more pep in the stang. How fast are those cars anyways?

Red Turbo Integra 03-17-2009 07:07 PM

Good kill, but RX-8s are pretty freaking slow. If you didn't put many leangths on him (stock?) I'd be surprised.

Soldier GT 03-17-2009 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Red Turbo Integra (Post 6034189)
Good kill, but RX-8s are pretty freaking slow. If you didn't put many leangths on him (stock?) I'd be surprised.

Yeah I'm preety sure it could have gotten even uglier but when I looked in mirror and saw how fast I put a couple links on him I slowed down.... Of course he does the fly by. At the light it was much much worse. Aren't those car's a drivers race for a New Edge (stock) GT?

JD1969 03-17-2009 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Soldier GT (Post 6034232)
Yeah I'm preety sure it could have gotten even uglier but when I looked in mirror and saw how fast I put a couple links on him I slowed down.... Of course he does the fly by. At the light it was much much worse. Aren't those car's a drivers race for a New Edge (stock) GT?

Guys it's LENGTHS as in CAR LENGTH! Not link, you sound like a retard when you that.
Now that I got that off my chest, yea those RX8's are serious turds man. You should have smacked him silly even in bone stock trim.

Stkjock 03-17-2009 07:41 PM

nice kill

USMCrebel 03-17-2009 07:57 PM

good kill

Soldier GT 03-17-2009 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by JD1969 (Post 6034296)
Guys it's LENGTHS as in CAR LENGTH! Not link, you sound like a retard when you that.
Now that I got that off my chest, yea those RX8's are serious turds man. You should have smacked him silly even in bone stock trim.

Roger got it... lengths. Oh yeah you forgot to put do between you and that. Nah man you don't sound like a retard, you just made a mistake.
How do those cars respond to mods and how much hp do they put down?

jmac72187 03-17-2009 08:15 PM

They don't respond to mods well at all and they put down less than 200rwhp stock if they are a stick. They have huge drivetrain loss for some reason.

They are also completely torqueless. The only good thing about them is their handling. There speed doesn't make up for it though.

Stone629 03-17-2009 08:28 PM

Good kill Soldier. Guy acted like he had a real hot rod, huh? I think the manuals run high 14s on really good runs, and much slower on average. There maybe a mid 14 out there in the wild blue yonder, but you know how that goes. The RX8s have perfect balance and an awesome stock suspension, making them cut corners like champs, but that rotary engine is crap imo. No torque and a bad powerband ftl.

max427 03-17-2009 09:07 PM

when they first came out a friend bought one (with the huge dealer mark-up) and a drivers race for him would be a 3.8 stang. and he can drive. he just drove in the mazdaspeed MX5 cup at laguna seca actually.