RX8 Kill... - MustangForums.com

Notices
Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

RX8 Kill...

Old 03-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Default RX8 Kill...

Finally got some good weather today so, decided to drive the stang. As I was driving down this four lane road, I look in my mirror and see this yellow RX 8 coming fast. Guy get's besides me, revs his engine and takes off. It was a little to much traffic for a street race so I didn't blast him.....not yet. He slows down and he's besides me no traffic, no cops. He takes off I pull on him hard and put 2 to 3 cars on him easy. Got to a light and he's reving doing burnouts I'm just sitting there. Light turns green and let's just say it wasn't preety. Gotta say the 410's coupled with the other mods really put alot more pep in the stang. How fast are those cars anyways?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Good kill, but RX-8s are pretty freaking slow. If you didn't put many leangths on him (stock?) I'd be surprised.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Turbo Integra View Post
Good kill, but RX-8s are pretty freaking slow. If you didn't put many leangths on him (stock?) I'd be surprised.

Yeah I'm preety sure it could have gotten even uglier but when I looked in mirror and saw how fast I put a couple links on him I slowed down.... Of course he does the fly by. At the light it was much much worse. Aren't those car's a drivers race for a New Edge (stock) GT?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:35 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Originally Posted by Soldier GT View Post
Yeah I'm preety sure it could have gotten even uglier but when I looked in mirror and saw how fast I put a couple links on him I slowed down.... Of course he does the fly by. At the light it was much much worse. Aren't those car's a drivers race for a New Edge (stock) GT?
Guys it's LENGTHS as in CAR LENGTH! Not link, you sound like a retard when you that.
Now that I got that off my chest, yea those RX8's are serious turds man. You should have smacked him silly even in bone stock trim.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

nice kill
Old 03-17-2009, 08:57 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

good kill
Old 03-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
Guys it's LENGTHS as in CAR LENGTH! Not link, you sound like a retard when you that.
Now that I got that off my chest, yea those RX8's are serious turds man. You should have smacked him silly even in bone stock trim.
Roger got it... lengths. Oh yeah you forgot to put do between you and that. Nah man you don't sound like a retard, you just made a mistake.
How do those cars respond to mods and how much hp do they put down?
Old 03-17-2009, 09:15 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

They don't respond to mods well at all and they put down less than 200rwhp stock if they are a stick. They have huge drivetrain loss for some reason.

They are also completely torqueless. The only good thing about them is their handling. There speed doesn't make up for it though.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Good kill Soldier. Guy acted like he had a real hot rod, huh? I think the manuals run high 14s on really good runs, and much slower on average. There maybe a mid 14 out there in the wild blue yonder, but you know how that goes. The RX8s have perfect balance and an awesome stock suspension, making them cut corners like champs, but that rotary engine is crap imo. No torque and a bad powerband ftl.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:07 PM
max427
2nd Gear Member

when they first came out a friend bought one (with the huge dealer mark-up) and a drivers race for him would be a 3.8 stang. and he can drive. he just drove in the mazdaspeed MX5 cup at laguna seca actually.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RX8 Kill...

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.