Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

... So I ran a Challenger SRT8 Today.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:01 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Default ... So I ran a Challenger SRT8 Today.

I was out and about today after getting a haircut... I was looking for some fun... I found a Honda Civic Mugen SI, which I had never heard of before so it peaked my interest. He wasn't doing anything so I got bored and headed a new direction and I saw a big orange Challenger... I was getting on the highway and he was pretty far up the road on the access road. I lost sight of him for a minute and started to get sad cuz I was hoping it was an SRT8, then I caught a glimpse of him and made my way to get behind him.

He must have noticed me because I went to get over to get out ahead where there was room to run and he jumped in front of me right when I got over (we were going the same speed tho so he didn't cut me off) Right when he was in the other lane he punched it and so did I. He was already about 1 car ahead of me when we started going, but he wasn't pulling on me... it was pretty much even through the rest of 2nd and part of 3rd but I SLOWLY started reeling him in until I eventually got my bumper ahead of his when 3rd was about to end. We were going about 110. The second my bumper passed his he got HARD on the brakes, got in the turning lane and turned off lol

Now... I know a lot of you are gonna call BS... "The Challenger has 425hp... blah blah blah"

Well, I already raced a Challenger R/T and I walked away from it pretty good. The SRT8 only has 49 more HP. The R/T and the '10 Mustang GT are dead even on the 1/4. The SRT8 is .3-.6 seconds faster... and I already know I can beat a '10 GT. I was pulling one in pretty good before I missed a shift :-(

Anyway... Let the BS flags fly :-)

Cliffs: Raced a Chally SRT8, he started about a car ahead of me from about 45. By about 110 I just barely had my front bumper ahead of his. I am expecting BS to be called :-)
Old 06-25-2009, 05:20 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

You didn't race an SRT-8. How could a car that traps 106(DA corrected) pull on a car that traps 110?

Miss shift?

Caught him in a dead spot? <- Considering the auto and manuals are 6 speeds, thats not likely.

Last edited by 83gtragtop; 06-25-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

I beleive it, the LX dodges are so heavy that it's a hinderance from any speed.. even on the upside of 70MPH

he probably got off because he went though a 1/2 tank of gas during that race... I think they get something like 13-14MPG city just driving normal lol
Old 06-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Good run OP. Both of you have a low 13 second car. I figured he would of got you on the big end, but you know how that goes.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Big50
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop

You didn't race an SRT-8. How could a car that traps 106(DA corrected) pull on a car that traps 110?

Miss shift?

Caught him in a dead spot? <- Considering the auto and manuals are 6 speeds, thats not likely.
I don't know there is a enough of a difference in traps to just call this bs. The were roll racing and a lot of things can happen. The op's car isn't stock and your comparing his trap to a professional magazine drivers trap.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:17 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Big50
I don't know there is a enough of a difference in traps to just call this bs. The were roll racing and a lot of things can happen. The op's car isn't stock and your comparing his trap to a professional magazine drivers trap.
Which are not done at a strip. Since when are the buff books times out of reach for a driver at the strip?
Old 06-25-2009, 07:17 PM
SubTexel
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop

Miss shift?

Dead zone on the autos are in the 60mph range, auto FTL in this case.

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
I beleive it, the LX dodges are so heavy that it's a hinderance from any speed.. even on the upside of 70MPH

he probably got off because he went though a 1/2 tank of gas during that race... I think they get something like 13-14MPG city just driving normal lol
Yep, it sucks. But meh, if I wanted an econo car I'd have bought one.

Correct. Who knows what happened, except that OP won.

Good kill OP.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:45 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

lol.. Thanks guys... I expected a lot more BS flags to go flying around heh.

C&D compared a Bullitt to a SRT8 auto and SRT8 only won by 3/10ths and like 2 mph? It was pretty close.. and the bullitt is basically the same performance wise as a 2010 Stang GT, which I can beat. Sooooo It seemed to me the outcome was about what it should be. I don't know if it was stick or not, but i'm assuming this one was auto cuz I didn't notice any body motions that would indicate stick shift... but to be honest I was focusing a lot more on my revs cuz I didn't want to miss 4th again :-x
Old 06-25-2009, 07:53 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

on top of that, most magazines show a Stock Mustang GT running 13's @ about 104. Not many people actually see that unless they are at low altitude, with great air and a great track! I was running 14.3@98 stock... which seemed to be pretty average around here. I watched 2 other stock GTs runing 14.3-14.5 that night, 1 auto and 1 stick. So i'm running almost a full second faster than my stock times. I've noticed Magazine times are not so accurate for real world scenarios... except for those lucky bastards in Florida :-P
Old 06-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

nice run OP!

I've run 2 SRT 8s from a roll and walked 'em hard

Quick Reply: ... So I ran a Challenger SRT8 Today.