Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Kids these days

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 03:51 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

Default Kids these days

So last night i was in my car driving. I'm at a light not paying attention to the guy next to me, I take off a bit fast just enjoying my car but not going all out (3500 rpms) I slow down and see this Toyota go past me like he was trying to race, he slows down and I slow down and catch the next light.

I'm driving my 1997 Automatic Mustang GT modded only with mufflers. I have no idea what car he is in, its black, it's night, my windows are tinted past illegal.

So the light turns green and we both go for it, i hit a little spin and he pulls past me, I shift into second and before I can get to the top of 2nd he shuts off. I'm thinking ok, that was fun. So we pull up to a 3rd light and I roll down my window. It's a 2005 Toyota Camery? with dual exhaust. I shrugged. Then I see the driver. This dude had the BIGGEST stupid *** grin in his 17 year old face. I face palmed. Some kids don't get it, Did he think my 12 year old SOHC 205hp car was fast? I bet he think he is the fast ****er in the world, not even knowing I run low 15s. I bet is going to brag about it for a month to his bros

sigh, ****ing kids.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:25 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Sadly for us, most V6 family sedans these days are capable of 14's.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:41 PM
GrnBullitt08
5th Gear Member

yeah im sure he called his buddies as soon as he rolled up his window.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Maaan - I had something like that happen Halloween night. I was on my home from a cookout/party and my 8 year old was in the back seat. He wanted me to get on it when I pulled out on the street, so I laid into it... annnnd a Hemi Dodge quad cab flys up beside me about three blocks later, kids hangin' out the windows, want to race, and normally I'd oblige them, but I suspected they were loaded drunk.

I stop at the light, rollllll down my window b/c I thought I knew one of the kids, and the 'mouth' of the group starts yelling he wants a ride and how awesome my car is. Mmmk. I just shook my head thanked him and said, Yeaahh, not tonight. But then my SON starts trash talking about trucks being slowwwww and how Mustangs kick butt from the back seat!

The guys think its ME!? and ask, HEY! ARE YOU TALKIN ****!? I kinda stared at them and laughed and said, Yeaahhh, no. That's my 8 year old in the back seat. HE'S talking ****.

Light turned, and they roar off, hauling ***, then flash their flashers at me once they had a good lead. I wasn't even about to try.

I hate to sound "old", but I thought the same thing: Kids these days. LOL
Old 11-07-2009, 04:47 PM
GrnBullitt08
5th Gear Member

Prob made the right choice. Dont want to put your son in harms way.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Noooo, I never race anyone when the kids are in the car. Well, okay. My husband and I have 'played' at racing each other with them in the car, but not seriously. Just enough that they trash talk when we get home about who won. LOL Oh yeah, and that friend of my husband's who's a moron, but I let him have that one. I didn't even try too hard. Just wasn't safe.

Even if it had just been me that evening, given how drunk I think those kids were and the odds of there being a little kid crossing the street while trick or treating somewhere up the road? Yeaahhhh. Just not a good idea and not worth my time. LOL
Old 11-08-2009, 06:00 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

whatever helps the kid sleep at night i guess. good loss i guess?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Don't sweat it OP. That kid will get his *** handed to him soon enough by another stang with a few more mods/newer model. I'd take your GT over a Camry anyday, much more potential imo. Have you thought much about modding your GT? All you really need is some bolt-ons and some gears to play.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

I'm glad I'm not like those kids. I know my car is slow and I wouldn't even attempt to race on the street.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Yeah most kids are pretty lame. They don't realize that a car that is a few generations older WILL be slower (v8 or not) in stock form than a newer V6 or v8 car.

Like the 05-09 S197 GT's right now with 300HP and 320tq. When the newer stangs come out with 400hp and probably 400tq in 2012 we (05-09) will be slower, no doubt. It's called progress.

Hell, put a new 4 banger civic Si next to 90% of the cars that are pre 1990 and it will spank it.

Quick Reply: Kids these days