Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

3.7 vs srt10......

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:47 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Default 3.7 vs srt10......

Got my car back from the bodyshop Monday, and was hanging out with my brother this evening when we saw the black srt-10 Ram that was discussed in the bench thread. Brandon waves him over, and we commence to talking.

The ram is all stock except for a true dual FM exhaust and a real nice Ram-air setup. Had the hood scoop cutout to make it fully fuctional, real nice setup, looked pretty efficient. My car has a Bama tune, JLT cai, and frpp 3.73s.

We agree to try to go from a 20 roll, but only got one of those in. The others were from 2nd gear rolls, so 40ish mph or so. The runs were close at first, but dammit man those things have some topend!! I was expecting the barn-door effect to come into play on his part, but it didn't lol. The first couple runs went up to 120ish mph, the last run from the 20roll went up to 130ish, with him ahead by 3 cars or so.

I did have my bro with me, but no excuses. He had the faster vehicle tonight. Semi-honorable death imo..... the dude was really surprised how the ol 6er ran. He figured he was gonna be wasting his gas, but no so much was the case.

Heres a couple crap vids, as usual from me, haha. Pretty bad, even for night vids, but it kinda shows whats going on.

Well first a couple shots my bro snapped while me and the guy were jawjacking...

First run missed 4th..

This was a close one for me, then he missed a gear, lol...

Lower 2nd gear roll....

20 roll....

Cliffs....

I Lost
Old 02-15-2012, 11:10 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

First off I had a damn blast tonight!!! Good runs man I know it didn't come out like you was shooting for but oh well! And I'm sorry my fat a** was weighing ya down too.

Idk how much that intake and exhaust help him out buuuut we can at least say we know how those big trucks run on the skreets now I was very impressed with the tank and now I'm interested in seeing how it does after the tune!!
Old 02-15-2012, 11:46 PM
z28th1s
2nd Gear Member

Good death!! When I was talking to you the other day I was telling you that even though they are a brick they have a better pull on the top side than most people think, at least the one I drove did.

If you were running solo it would have been pretty darn close. I wouldn't mind trying him out in the red car to see if the aluminum driveshaft could help make up any distance.

BTW, I ordered a new set of tunes from Bama today for an off road X-pipe. I tried to order the X-pipe from Lethal this afternoon and all I got was their answering machine. I will try again tomorrow.

The goal is to have the O/R X-pipe and new tunes in the car by next weekend. VA Motorsports Park has their first test-n-tune on Saturday 2/25 and if it is good weather I want to be there and try to bust a high 12.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:27 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

500HP is a lot of power, truck or not. You did good, 97. The passenger definitely set you back an extra car at least. Then the truck had a couple basic mods, fwiw.

Very good run. Glad you guys always follow through with your bench race threads!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:00 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Nice death. Your best bet was from a dig I think but he was still stronger than expected on my end.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:51 AM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

I would like to have a try against him if he was completely stock and I was solo. Guess I'll just have to keep on modding!

I was def surprised a little by the topend on that thing. I think it'd be a pretty decent run through the 1/4, but once triple digits get going he started pulling away.

Z28th1s.... can't wait to hear that thing with the x and the Force 2s ! I 'spect I'll be getting one of those bad boys next myself. I'm definately looking forward to getting up to VMP here real soon!

Preciate it stone and s8er... we try to follow through with those other threads. Sometimes those threads are made just out of curiosity, but then again, sometimes my curiosity gets the best of me and I just have to find out
Old 02-16-2012, 09:56 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

honorable death man, at least he wasn't running away from you. You hung in there tough. What's next now for the sixxer?
Old 02-16-2012, 10:58 AM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Thanks bro! I was expecting it to be tighter than it was but at least it was not a complete slaughter. Im thinking an o/r x is next on the list then some lcas.

Fwiw... I did pull a car n half on a 2v earlier in the evening.... Just thru second gear... seemed stock save for some mufflers. He declined my invite to the highway though.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:52 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
Thanks bro! I was expecting it to be tighter than it was but at least it was not a complete slaughter. Im thinking an o/r x is next on the list then some lcas.

Fwiw... I did pull a car n half on a 2v earlier in the evening.... Just thru second gear... seemed stock save for some mufflers. He declined my invite to the highway though.
Too bad youre on the other side of the country, it would be a close race from where we both are ATM.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:25 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

My stock times and your first track times were pretty close iirc. I have a couple mods now, but I know with more seat time you could get lower-mid 13 passes out of her as it sits. So yea, what you said, it would be a pretty decent run!

Quick Reply: 3.7 vs srt10......