Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Swapped Civic in Denial

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Default Swapped Civic in Denial

Had a funny story I thought you guys might enjoy.

So anyways.. Im just driving along on a side road I frequent after I paid my cable bill. As Im coming up to a red light I notice a Late 90s Gray Civic hatch sitting there in the center lane. This thing is slammed with gold rims and what looks like a tow hitch on the back?? Also, the obligatory fart cannon is present.

As I pull up next to it at the light my ear drums start to bleed from the Bass bumping. Their windows are down and I see 2 guys... both mabye 25-30 yrs old. They both look over at me like I just ate their first born.

The passenger looks over my car from front bumper to rear bumper and says something to the driver. Not sure how they communicated in there with the bass so loud but mabye they can read lips?

Anyways, the light turns green and they just sit there. So I ease off the line and shift into 2nd gear. Right as I do, I hear him go WOT. Im already in 2nd gear at this point so I say F it and just floor it. He pulls past me alittle bit and grabs 2nd gear bringing his back bumper to my front bumper.

My 2nd gear finally hits its 5K rpm power band and i pull him back even. I grab 3rd and give the tires a good bark as I start running away from him.

He gave up shortly after and the next light up turns red so I pull up and wait.

They pull up, finally turning downt he music and the passenger is cracking up.

The driver motions to his trunk and says something about a 12" subwoofer.

I say "Ok? And thats my fault you have dead weight?"

I then notice that the civic is somewhat gutted out cause I can see the driver side interior door has no panel. At this point Im thinking this guy must be pretty stupid to gut out his interior but still have a huge subwoofer.

I ask the driver what he has done to it and he says something about an integra swap B something something.

The 2 of them start talking with one another and I hear things like..

"Dude, you almost beat a 5.0 GT"

"Yeah man, if I didnt have this subwoofer. We would have taken him for sure"

Amongst all this madness, I try to tell them that my cars not a 5.0 but they are too lost in their own world to notice me talking.

The light turns green, and I rev it up to 2.5k rpms and give it a good launch.. and he dissapears in my rear view.

Some people I swear :shrug:

This is my car, I even have a 3.7 badge. So IDK

Old 04-28-2012, 03:35 PM
FsuGoNoles63
2nd Gear Member

Well thats the definition of rice for ya. By the way, your car is sexy as hell. Grabber blue is pretty much my favorite color for the 10+ body style
Old 04-28-2012, 03:45 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bokeo
"Yeah man, if I didnt have this subwoofer. We would have taken him for sure
^lmao
Old 04-28-2012, 06:04 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Stupid people are real hard to avoid nowadays. Like Ive said before, Ive been accuses of re-badging a gt.... who the f@!k does that?! Lmao.... good runs bro.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:20 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

So your looking at a 130-140 Bhp car.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Pretty sure he saw the 3.7 badges and was like easy kill.. but he just dosen't know that those 3.7's can ride out.. Good run my man and your car looks bad a**!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FsuGoNoles63
Well thats the definition of rice for ya. By the way, your car is sexy as hell. Grabber blue is pretty much my favorite color for the 10+ body style
Thank you!

Originally Posted by 3vStang
^lmao

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
Stupid people are real hard to avoid nowadays. Like Ive said before, Ive been accuses of re-badging a gt.... who the f@!k does that?! Lmao.... good runs bro.
Yup, wish I had my gopro recording, but it was at home charging.

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
So your looking at a 130-140 Bhp car.
What? Who would swap an engine with 140 bhp? Doesnt the civic already come with a 140 hp engine?

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Pretty sure he saw the 3.7 badges and was like easy kill.. but he just dosen't know that those 3.7's can ride out.. Good run my man and your car looks bad a**!
Thank you sir, as does your GT!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:36 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

What? Who would swap an engine with 140 bhp? Doesnt the civic already come with a 140 hp engine?
Nope, For an EK you're looking at 106-127hp stock, to the engine. LS motor usually pulls ~110whp or so stock.

Last edited by perfect.disguise; 04-28-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
Nope, For an EK you're looking at 106-127hp stock, to the engine. LS motor usually pulls ~110whp or so stock.
Wow didnt realize people swapped motors with such low Hp.

I remember my Buddies 98 GSR in highschool had I think 170 BHP but I dont remember the engine code name.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:06 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Wow didnt realize people swapped motors with such low Hp.
If your actually planning on building with it it's more of a SOHC 1.5/1.6L vs DOHC 1.8L.

Quick Reply: Swapped Civic in Denial