Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Mission Accomplished

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:33 PM
JB04GT
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up Mission Accomplished

Wanted to share an event that took place about 2 hours ago:

I was on my way home from picking my 5 year old daughter up from school. We were having a nice conversation about things she learned that day in school. Then things turn interesting. A brand new Dodge Challenger RT with no license plate pulls up next to me at the light. His music so loud that I could not hear my daughter. She asks, "daddy, why is his radio so loud?" He then starts revving his engine. That made the beast in me come out at that point. I look over at him, he and his wife are all smiles because of their super fast RT. It was on! I wanted to make this race a little more interesting, so I put the car in second gear to see what she could do(I have 3.73's with basically no first gear).............Light turns green and we go. I was spinning tires in second from a dig through third. He was beside me for approximately 2 seconds and then all I saw was a black Challenger in the rear view mirror by about 4 car lengths. It brought the biggest smile to my face because he had just embarrassed himself in front of his girl. My daughter said, "daddy, that was cool." I know sweet heart, I know! Mission accomplished.

Disclaimer for parents:

This race took place on a straight road that had about 2 miles between street lights. It is a brand new street here in Valencia that has about 4 lanes per side. My daughter was safe in these conditions.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Glad nothing went wrong. You'd have regretted it the rest of your life if things had.

Other than your daughter being with you, thumbs up. PLEASE restrain with family in the car.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Good kill. Glad to see what the new 5.0s will do with 3.73s. Glad no one was hurt.

Matthew
Old 04-18-2013, 06:27 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Nice job man. As a father I know you wouldn't do anything dangerous so no biggie to me you had you daughter along. When she comes home with a ticket in 11 years you will have to remember this day though and go easy on her.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:11 PM
JB04GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CPTCO
Nice job man. As a father I know you wouldn't do anything dangerous so no biggie to me you had you daughter along. When she comes home with a ticket in 11 years you will have to remember this day though and go easy on her.
Funny! When she rides her bike, she always makes an engine sound and says, "daddy, I'm going fast like the mustang." Always makes me chuckle.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

YOU WERE STREET RACING WITH A 5 YEAR OLD IN THE CAR?
Old 04-18-2013, 07:54 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Nicely done. The Challenger's a good looking car but it's a freaking tank.

For folks worried about the kid in the car...given the OP's obvious love for his daughter and his description of the surrounding area, let the guy and his daughter live a little! I digress. MUSTANGS RUL3!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CMcNam
Nicely done. The Challenger's a good looking car but it's a freaking tank.

For folks worried about the kid in the car...given the OP's obvious love for his daughter and his description of the surrounding area, let the guy and his daughter live a little! I digress. MUSTANGS RUL3!
"Live" is what I would prefer them to do.

Nothing I can say won't get me banned, so I will leave this thread alone.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:00 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I enjoyed the story and im willing to bet his daughter loved it. Bc lets be honest folks your time is up when it is up.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

http://laist.com/2013/02/28/6-year-o...d_in_crash.php

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...et-3986657.php

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19798381/...-street-racing

I'm sure it was just "their time being up"...

I'm sure the OP is a MUCH better driver...

I'm sure that nothing bad could ever happen...

Quick Reply: Mission Accomplished