Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

WRX vs COBRA

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 06:23 PM
2kstang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: WRX vs COBRA

Good Guess, COBB is telling me 285 HP at the wheels and 340 TQ. Now...this is STOCK exhaust with CATS with a AP and stage 2 map, without the TBE and other mods. So stock with those numbers. I should be putting out more. We shall see though. I know I am running STIs now with a good launch but not kickn there asses just beating them about a car or so...
ORIGINAL: MaSTi

If it's anything similar to the STi set ups and your runng the stg2 with minor bolt ons in addition, my guess is somthing around 280whp dyno dependant of course. I layed down 280 and am still awating a Protune as well.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:25 PM
BlackSVTsnake302
4th Gear Member

If the sti guy can lauch, ull probly lose, but from a roll, you should pull on him
Old 12-02-2005, 08:28 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Yeah I'm thinking you'll hit 275 awhp / 290 torque. I'm going to keep the numbers conservatively low because I don't know how much more power the new WRX engine is capable of, but I do know that the stock WRX turbo really sucks. So that's my guess, I bet you'll see much higher with an aggressive tune.

Thanks for the compliments ^_^ It definitely hauls ***. My car is actually up for sale right now, I'm taking delivery on a 2004 Ultimate Racing Stage 3 (or 4 I'm not sure) STI on Sunday! This car, with a race gas tune, is capable of over 500 AWHP. It is the scariest thing I've ever driven and I'm addicted already =p

Here's a few teaser pics:

Ultimate racing did a test run on this car at the drag strip, on pump gas and a conservative boost level of 15psi, and they ran a 12.1 at like 113 mph. This car is currently running 19psi of boost, so I'd guess 11's if I could drive it decently. It will be off for a custom tune to extract some more power out of it as soon as I get a bit of spare cash ^_^
Old 12-02-2005, 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: 1993mustanggt

wrx and cobra? no compitition. cobra wins every time
lmao Pay no mind, he likes to post pointless dribble without reading anything in the thread.

Old 12-02-2005, 10:29 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

I don't see why anybody would bother to read the previous 7 pages. I didn't, and I know that Tony Danza is certainly the boss. go to yahoo.com and search images for "Tony Danza", you'll laugh your *** off.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:39 PM
V2GT
1st Gear Member

Yah..enuf already, but the stang will always be a step ahead cuz of the extra cylinders. Theres nothing you can do to a WRX/STI that aftermarket parts for a stang/Cobra couldnt handle. Problem is..not everyone has a modded stang...so I'll be quiet now..hehe.

ORIGINAL: 1993mustanggt

wrx and cobra? no compitition. cobra wins every time
lmao Pay no mind, he likes to post pointless dribble without reading anything in the thread.
[/quote]
Old 12-02-2005, 10:55 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

The replacement for displacement is stickers. preferrably "powered by ....." or "mugen" or other japanese chracters.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:52 AM
MaSTi
2nd Gear Member

yeah it's a good thing I got like this big Type-R sticker on my STi. That gives me 100whp!!! Come on guys, why are we even talking about a WRX vs. GT? In my mind we are comparing it because they ARE comparable......otherwise this thread would have never happened. Let's see how this race turns out. Do we have results yet???
Old 12-04-2005, 03:10 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

WRX......GOOD GAWD. sweet ride youre gettin. TRY to stay out of trouble in that thing. k ?? lol
Old 12-04-2005, 04:48 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Grn N Gry 5OH

WRX......GOOD GAWD. sweet ride youre gettin. TRY to stay out of trouble in that thing. k ?? lol
Haha thanks man ^_^ It's going to take a lot of adjustment and a lot of driving at 50% until I really readjust to the huge differences between this car and my WRX.

Quick Reply: WRX vs COBRA