Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Raced a Supra

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 12:36 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default Raced a Supra

Finally got to do what I've always wanted. Was out tonight hanging in the usual spot where everyone cruises. Lots and lots of sweet cars but too many cops to have fun. After I left I hoped on the highway to get home and a few minutes later a beautiful mk4 supra pulls along side and tosses a rev.

I'm as giddy as a school girl at this point, expecting to get walked but i didn't care. He rolls down his window and has a passenger that looked like he was recording on his phone. I downshift and he starts playing with the throttle and we both take off, I pull ahead, shift to 4th, can hear his turbo but somehow hold him at a car behind until I hit the top of 4th. We slow down and do it again, this time right after I downshifted he took off and he pulled a car on that, then by the end of 4th he pulled another .5-1 car on me. So first race when I got the slight hit I had a car on him, second one he got a jump and had almost 2 on me.

I'm happy with that. He wanted to keep going in mph but I'm not gonna risk melting pistons by goin to 5th. This was also no nitrous, had I been done with my nitrous tune I would have been the winner in both cases I'm sure. I'm gonna try and find out who he is thru a couple Facebook groups and maybe even find the vid his passenger recorded.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:11 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Nice! What mph are you traveling at the end of 4th? Mine unfortunately is ~105 ish
Old 05-25-2014, 08:13 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

130 area, started around 60. I'd prefer a 40ish start but I figured being a supra he wouldn't wanna go any lower.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:52 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Found him on Facebook, he didn't get back to me about any vids yet but found out his setup. It's a single turbo 63mm, 20 lbs of boost, e85 and the usual exhaust/intake. I guess I did pretty damn good from the sounds of it.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:04 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
Found him on Facebook, he didn't get back to me about any vids yet but found out his setup. It's a single turbo 63mm, 20 lbs of boost, e85 and the usual exhaust/intake. I guess I did pretty damn good from the sounds of it.
I'd say you did fine. That's a lot of boost out of a bigish turbo.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:51 PM
jmdgto
3rd Gear Member

nice job.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Good runs man, I'd say you did extremely well considering his set-up. No doubt you would've pulled him on the nitrous.

Sorry I didn't hit ya back sooner. I dropped my phone in the lake and just got another one today. Shoot me a text so I'll have your number man. Lost all my contacts.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:20 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Good runs man, I'd say you did extremely well considering his set-up. No doubt you would've pulled him on the nitrous.

Sorry I didn't hit ya back sooner. I dropped my phone in the lake and just got another one today. Shoot me a text so I'll have your number man. Lost all my contacts.
thanks fellas. I asked him about the passenger he had, turns out his car is right hand drive and it was him I saw in the right seat lol. He did still have a passenger tho but wasn't sure if he got a vid or not, still waiting on him to get back with me about it.

Stone I saw you mention something about dropping your phone. I'm not sure if I want to text you or not then you'll have my number again . lol jk I'll hit you up tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:08 AM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

That's a pretty sweet kill man. I've always said my two fav non mustangs are GTRs and Supras. Why are you worried about 5th roasting a piston? Are you having ignition issues?
Old 05-27-2014, 07:11 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
That's a pretty sweet kill man. I've always said my two fav non mustangs are GTRs and Supras. Why are you worried about 5th roasting a piston? Are you having ignition issues?
seems to be the norm with 03/04 cobras that are still roots/twin screw especially on a stock engine. the piston to cylinder wall clearance on these stock is very tight. So if you push it in 5th the temps get super hot(especially with a poor eaton like me) and the piston expands a little and crashes into the cylinders. Doesn't happen to everyone and you dont hear about it that much but it's a known problem and I'm not gonna risk it.

Quick Reply: Raced a Supra