Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

completely new

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 02:19 PM
z28assasin

Default completely new

im a newbie. to be honest. i am a hardcore import guy. strictly toyota though. toyota supras and mr2s. my best friend has an 02 mustang and i love that thing man!! so fast. 4.10 gears OR X-pipe bbk full length headers, bbk intake. i want to get a mustang hella bad now. mainly because they are awesome cars. but also i want to wage war on the z28s.

i need some help as to what tuning methods or parts to look for. which is the best way to go as far as fixing it up. there is this stupid chevy guy who owns a z28 saying that ford and mustangs are garbage and he pisses me off....a mustang would kill a camaro anyday right?

how well do the mustangs hold up to a s28? or an SS? or anything really.

like i said as far as amaerican cars go i am clueless...but i am willing to learn and i prefer ford WAAAAY more than chevy. need a few mustang guys to back me up on this. any help?
Old 01-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Bouncer
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: completely new

ORIGINAL: z28assasin

im a newbie. to be honest. i am a hardcore import guy. strictly toyota though. toyota supras and mr2s. my best friend has an 02 mustang and i love that thing man!! so fast. 4.10 gears OR X-pipe bbk full length headers, bbk intake. i want to get a mustang hella bad now. mainly because they are awesome cars. but also i want to wage war on the z28s.

i need some help as to what tuning methods or parts to look for. which is the best way to go as far as fixing it up. there is this stupid chevy guy who owns a z28 saying that ford and mustangs are garbage and he pisses me off....a mustang would kill a camaro anyday right?

like i said as far as amaerican cars go i am clueless...but i am willing to learn and i prefer ford WAAAAY more than chevy. need a few mustang guys to back me up on this. any help?
not really...it depends on the kind of stang ur gettin' and the mods also....if i were u and had some money - not sayin' u do- i'd get a 03-04 cobra wid a few mods u could beat da hell outta that chevy guy[8D]
Old 01-24-2006, 02:56 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: z28assasin

Ok: the LT1 is about as fast as a 99-04 GT the previous GT's will be destroyed. The LS1 will destroy all GT's except 05-06, which is a drivers race. Mach ones are also a good race for Ls1's. 03 04 cobra<Ls1 and LT1. Thats the basic idea as far as stock cars go
Old 01-24-2006, 02:58 PM
97cobraGAD!!!
1st Gear Member

stock z28s and ss are faster than stock cobras? I'll get me one of those ss then?

What are the specs on those?

Thanks
Old 01-24-2006, 03:09 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

Bouncer: All else being equal, a Super Sport is no faster than a regular Z28.
By Popular Demand: All else being equal, the 03-04 Cobra is faster than an LS1 F-body. Everything else you said is pretty accurate.
z28assasin (we shall see), when stock my car ran 13.52 @ 104 (best trap 105.79) and it's about the slowest LS1 Z28 you'll ever run across. My g/f had an '01 Z28 with an auto and ran 13.36 @ 105 bone stock, she never modded it. And these cars are very easy to mod. Get an 03-04 Cobra and either mod it (even easier to mod than LS1's) or stay away from well-modded Z28's. Get an '02 Mustang GT like your friend has and you will be at a great disadvantage right out of the box, about a full second with all else equal.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:41 PM
66chevyIISS
2nd Gear Member

Toyota is coming to Nascar!!
Old 01-24-2006, 04:18 PM
z28assasin

hey thanks for all the input guys. i really apprecciate it. yeah not to bash on chevy but that ******* really ruined it for me. i have always been a fan of the cobras and saleens i have seen driving around. but yeah i will do more reading and keep trying ot learn as much as i can on the matter. i think i might like the mustang body style a lot better than a camaro though. but thats just personal opinion. yeah my friend with the 02. hopes to get the sp1 or the pro charger or something? dud i cant remember the name of his supercharger but he does have big plans for it. i guess itll be good i dunno. but i guess we will find out.

again i apprecciate everyones helpful information and thanks for not flaming me on here just cause im an import enthusiast. i mean i can really get into any type of car cas long as it looks nice and IS fast lol. but yeah thanks. later.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Copperhead_5.0
1st Gear Member

yeah...mustangs look SO MUCH better than fbodies in my opinion...good luck man.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:55 PM
HaV
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97cobraGAD!!!

stock z28s and ss are faster than stock cobras? I'll get me one of those ss then?

What are the specs on those?

Thanks
a 98 and up z28, TA, or Vette would eat a stock 97 cobra for lunch. With gears and DR's at the track it would be a drivers race vs a bone stock f-body in the 1/4, but any thing beyond that you would see nothing but tail lights with out a doubt.. They usualy run mid to low 13's stock, sometimes 12's on a factory freak. The SN95 cobras were running very low 14's with an occasional high 13. Those F-bodys are rated at more HP and more torque then our cars stock, and they under rated them. They usualy push about 20 more hp to the wheels stock then the SN95 cobra's.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:27 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TommyV8

Bouncer: All else being equal, a Super Sport is no faster than a regular Z28.
By Popular Demand: All else being equal, the 03-04 Cobra is faster than an LS1 F-body. Everything else you said is pretty accurate.
z28assasin (we shall see), when stock my car ran 13.52 @ 104 (best trap 105.79) and it's about the slowest LS1 Z28 you'll ever run across. My g/f had an '01 Z28 with an auto and ran 13.36 @ 105 bone stock, she never modded it. And these cars are very easy to mod. Get an 03-04 Cobra and either mod it (even easier to mod than LS1's) or stay away from well-modded Z28's. Get an '02 Mustang GT like your friend has and you will be at a great disadvantage right out of the box, about a full second with all else equal.
Thats what I meant but math isnt my friend I get < and> mixed up.
And the cobras had 320 hp/tq for 99,01 for 94, 95 240 hp(dont remember the tq) and 96-98 had 305hp/tq

Quick Reply: completely new