Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

Help with Koni STR T Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 02:03 AM
jojo2003
2nd Gear Member

Default Help with Koni STR T Install

Hello, looking for some help with the front struts. Mainly the issue is with the bump stops. According to maximum motorsports website these have bump stops on them. So I really just need some clarification. For some reason when my mm caster camber plates where install they didn't put the bump stops in on the stock strut. So I have found some MM bumpstops from a local person. Do I just slide the mm bumps stop onto the strut, or do I need to get the stock bumpstop off of the stock dustcover and use it with the mm bumpstops on the new koni's? Also should I be ok riding on the stock dustcover and stock bump stop until I get the MM bumpstops? Thanks for any advice that you can give.

Link to the struts-

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/st...b9f95b4f824889
Old 04-25-2011, 09:14 AM
madmann26
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jojo2003
Hello, looking for some help with the front struts. Mainly the issue is with the bump stops. According to maximum motorsports website these have bump stops on them. So I really just need some clarification. For some reason when my mm caster camber plates where install they didn't put the bump stops in on the stock strut. So I have found some MM bumpstops from a local person. Do I just slide the mm bumps stop onto the strut, or do I need to get the stock bumpstop off of the stock dustcover and use it with the mm bumpstops on the new koni's? Also should I be ok riding on the stock dustcover and stock bump stop until I get the MM bumpstops? Thanks for any advice that you can give.

Link to the struts-

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/st...b9f95b4f824889

I don't know about the Koni's but with my H&R Spring install, the instructions specifically said to trim about 1/4-1/2in of the bump stop off.

It makes since to trim the stockers or use new shortened bumpstops on the struts.