Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

Rear bushings on 2004- new to the group

Old 04-10-2017, 07:06 PM
bishopp64

Default Rear bushings on 2004- new to the group

Hey all. My son has an '04 w/ a 6 & standard tranny.

It needs a left rear upper control arm and lateral link bushing(s).

It's a California car we bought last year, and stored in winter.

At this point the car is a minimally used 'daily driver'. He's in college, so has it parked at a family friend's house, so he only uses it if he's going somewhere on weekends.

1. My thought process is to do all the bushings since we're under there anyway...please share your thoughts.

2. Other bushings &/or parts recommended while we're under there?

3. Recommendations on where to get the parts? (I was going to order on Rockauto)
-unless there's something fun that can be done with the suspension...considering we're only doing the rear at this point....otherwise I'd go to a more performance oriented supplier

4. Any special tools required?

5. Any other recommendations?

TIA!!
Old 04-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Whiteline
Former Sponsor

If you are looking to up performance and you will be in this area anyway you may want to consider:

Rear Control Arm - Lower Arm Assembly $175.32 (this is currently on sale, pricing may change in the future)

Rear Control Arm - Upper Arm Assembly $125.82 (this is currently on sale, pricing may change in the future)

These come with Whiteline grease free Max-C polyurethane bushings which eliminate the need for maintenance and provide silent operation. You get the added strength and performance but they are still designed for the daily driver in mind.

Ford Mustang Fox Body/SN95 Rear Control Arm - Lower Arm Assembly

Ford Mustang Fox Body/SN95 Rear Control Arm - Upper Arm Assembly

Last edited by Whiteline; 04-11-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:40 PM
FLYBOY_GT
1st Gear Member

I've got a 99 GT, I replaced all the bushings with the Energy Suspension kit.
Be warned, It rides stiff.
1.If you are going to do it get extra grease and don't be bashful with it. I have to redo mine cause I only used the little tubes of grease that can't with the kit and it squeaks unreal, to the point I here driving it.
2. Dedicate 2 days to do it. Getting old bushings out is not always super simple. I had to burn a couple out.
If I could go back I would replace UCAs, LCAs with bushings installed to avoid the issues I have fun into.

Search this Thread