Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

Ford Performance Track Package

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 10:19 PM
smbranssbn

Default Ford Performance Track Package

Looking at my first mod to my 17 mustang is the FP track package suspension. I have the performance package on it now and I have heard that putting lowering springs on the suspension alone is not recommended. Has anyone added this package to there car or is there a better option out there. I use my car as a daily driver but I'm not very concerned about the daily ride. I'm really looking for a track car I can keep street legal. Any knowledge sharing or advice would be appreciated.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:26 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

The street pack is your same suspension but with lowering springs, M-5300-X for a 1" drop. The track pack is much stiffer with all new shocks, springs, and sway bars. If you don't mind your current ride, the springs would be the way to go.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:36 PM
smbranssbn

Thanks for the info. Is there a better option then the FP track suspension?. AFE make a kit but for twice the price. Any idea if subframe braces are worth it?
Old 02-03-2018, 01:22 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

I don't think the new Mustang really needs it. I've always been fond of the FRPP parts because they are designed especially for Fords as developed by Ford Racing. I did the Ford Racing school for the GT350 as part of my ownership and drove a GT the next day with the FRPP track suspension and was pleasantly surprised by just how good it was. Of course a race track is perfectly smooth compared to city streets.