SVO Forum

Do 84 svo have crank pos. sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 09:40 PM
rixfive0

Default Do 84 svo have crank pos. sensor?

I need help, i have a 84svo and i dont know much about these cars and some people told me that they have crank positioning sensor and a cam position sensor and other people tell me otherwise, so i dont really know. Can anyone help?
Old 07-19-2009, 10:10 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

It doesn't have either
Old 07-20-2009, 01:01 PM
rixfive0

Thanks, so i guess i only have two more sensors to check wich are BAP and that one cylinder looking thing on the throtle body besides the TPS.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:23 PM
nismotunedgtr
2nd Gear Member

The second one would be the IAC. Controls the idle of the engine.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:48 AM
svo

My girlfriend knew a honda guy that swore up and down that the reason her 1983 GT would surge at idle was because of the crank position sensor.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:30 PM
safado
1st Gear Member

no sensors.... does the car not start?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:22 PM
rixfive0

No it wont, it was fine and all of a sudden the idle dropped really low and the motor would shake, this happened for a couple of days and would only happen when i came to a stop and the car was at idle. Then when one day when i came to a stop the car died and wouldnt start. I got a brand new battery, got spark, fuel but dont know the exact preasure but fuel nonetheless, TFI is new, TPS seems fine, and i only have to check the compresion to make sure its not the headgasket and i havent checked the BAP. If you have any suggestions feel free to share them no ones opinion will be rejected thank you. OH and i forgot to mention that i cleaned my IAC with throtle body cleaner, but if that were the problem it would atleast start right?

Last edited by rixfive0; 07-21-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:01 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks and all your electrical connections are connected. Also make sure timing hasen't jumped around on you
Old 07-21-2009, 09:40 PM
mg man 75
5th Gear Member

Fuel pressure is 39psi with the vac line off reg. Way I check for spark is take old spark plug and break off end and see if spark will jump from center electrode to outside. If does spark ok. Make sure like Sleeper inc says no vac leaks. Check for air leaks between the vam [under the air filter housing] to turbo and from turbo thru intercooler and throttlebody. This will cause the car to die and you will have spark and fuel.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:43 PM
rixfive0

Thank you all, im about to do all that in a minute. I just have a couple of questions more. Theres a solenoid (which i THINK is the boost control module) mounted above a silver box and besides the BAP on the passenger side fender that has two vac. lines and a couple of wires, it has a label that states not to cut the length of the hoses. When i first bouth the car one of the lines where cracked and pretty sure it was leaking so i cut about half inch, will this be a problem? And how can i check that the timing belt didnt jump?

Quick Reply: Do 84 svo have crank pos. sensor?