SVT Forums

SVT vs EVOLUTION

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Verado
3rd Gear Member

Default SVT vs EVOLUTION

I love the Cobras. But isnt it kind of sad that the Cobras are almost tied with the Evolution, stock vs stock.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

Default RE: SVT vs EVOLUTION

ORIGINAL: Verado

I love the Cobras. But isnt it kind of sad that the Cobras are almost tied with the Evolution, stock vs stock.
Almost as sad as watching your car lose to mine in a race
Old 06-04-2006, 10:35 PM
RR03Cobra
1st Gear Member

For 400 dollars I can add a Programmer and an upper pulley and smoke just about anything on the street!! I want to see anyone add just 400 bucks to an EVO, STI, SRT4, etc... and race an 03/04 cobra!! There are many, many cobras with just upper pulleys running well into the 11s! How many imports or even domestics can do this with just two simple bolt-ons??
Old 06-05-2006, 12:12 AM
HaV
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RR03Cobra

For 400 dollars I can add a Programmer and an upper pulley and smoke just about anything on the street!! I want to see anyone add just 400 bucks to an EVO, STI, SRT4, etc... and race an 03/04 cobra!! There are many, many cobras with just upper pulleys running well into the 11s! How many imports or even domestics can do this with just two simple bolt-ons??

Remove the cats and close the waste gate to increase boost and you have the same effect in an EVO or STI... infact, new down pipe and up pipe in an STI and closing the waste gate will cost you... about 400 bucks. ALL boosted cars are much cheaper to make faster then factory since its just minor pieces here and htere that need to be adjusted.

And on the evo being able to hang. It can hang stock to stock due to the AWD launch and being boosted as well.. You cant even come close to launching a RWD car on streets like they can an AWD on streets.. Ive seen lots of STI's cut 1.6 60' times. But past a quarter or if they launch at hte same 60' as a cobra and it is NO comparision. Its 100% all in the launch on ALL AWD cars. They cant have any mistake at all or thye might as well not finish the run. I have two videos of me racing my friends turbo WRX.. first one he launched great and I reeled him in and flew by him about 70.. second one we launched the same and I was gone after I shifted to second...

And if you have ever seen an guy at the track with either and evo or an sti for their first runs in the car? Yeah, you would know that... Its funny as hell to see them pull 15's and 16's repeatedly untill they figure out they have to dump the clutch at 6000 rpm... see them drop 2 full seconds off their time from figuring out the launch.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:24 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

my stock cobra whooped a stock evo, but it was from a roll. There are slow as s*** from a high speed roll because of the AWD it may help them on the launch, but it sucks for a roll. Which kinda blows because most ricers race from a roll.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:11 AM
mg01svt
1st Gear Member

What is the point of this post? (other than to irritate people)

I'll play along though.

By sad do you mean because we have a V-8?

It must be really, really sad for you then.

Almost tied means we are still faster, right?

That's good enough for me.

Start sh*t somewhere else.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:30 AM
Verado
3rd Gear Member

Chill out man, im not startin any chit. What i mean is sad is the way pos 4cyl jap cars are tieing up in 0-60 with real v8 muscle cars. My friend is getting an EVO 9 and was telling me the other day how he will smoke Cobras all night, i didnt believe him that they were actually that fast, so i got home, did some research and there as fast as any cobra, if anything faster if you got the right guy in the seat. Its just a talk not here to **** you or anyone off.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 06-05-2006, 07:32 AM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

Chill out man, im not startin any chit. What i mean is sad is the way pos 4cyl jap cars are tieing up in 0-60 with real v8 muscle cars. My friend is getting an EVO 9 and was telling me the other day how he will smoke Cobras all night, i didnt believe him that they were actually that fast, so i got home, did some research and there as fast as any cobra, if anything faster if you got the right guy in the seat. Its just a talk not here to **** you or anyone off.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
An evo is not as fast an an 03-04 cobra

Evo9 1/4 = 13.4

03/04 cobra 1/4 = 12.9

Seriously, get you facts straight, then post. Quit making yourself looks like a goob.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:49 AM
94Cobrakid16
3rd Gear Member

i didnt see him say 03/04 cobra... he just said cobra, and a evo will smoke me. as far as the "point" of this thread goes, its not sad at all. think about how much boost helps. i dont know what an evo has stock but i know srt-4s have 14psi stock, and thats alot. put 14psi into any cobra and an evo wont stand a chance.
thats my opinion anyway.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:51 AM
94Cobrakid16
3rd Gear Member

missed him say any cobra in his second post. sorry.

Quick Reply: SVT vs EVOLUTION