SVT Forums

Quiet Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 05:49 PM
punchymonkey

Default Quiet Exhaust?

I've been wondering if there was a quiet muffler that had good flow, something that would work well for a sleeper. I'm not suer if I'd want one, but I've been kicking the idea around in my head. Any comments?
Old 02-24-2007, 07:38 PM
ColdStang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Quiet Exhaust?

Your driving a cobra, it aint no sleeper.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:57 PM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

+1

everyone knows what cobra can/will do.

Unless you debage, scrap your rims, get a new hood, and take off your rear bumper, your not gonna be a sleeper haha.

Why be a sleeper when you can be a proud cobra driver? Theres not alot of people who have that priviledge. People think a mustang is a mustang.. but when you tell em you've got a cobra you always get that "oh sh--" type of response. Personally, I love that.

Also you want an aftermarket exhaust. Trust me, when your ripping 5000-6000 rpm with a nice sounding exhaust, its like audible nirvana. Nothing sounds as good as a V8 that can actually breathe.

(except maybe a subaru boxer engine.. they sound damn close to v8's with the right non-fartpipe type systems.)
Old 02-25-2007, 01:59 AM
Silver01Stang

Some of the people that like the sound of the flowmaster go with the 50 series muffler which is a 3 chamber muffler. It's a lot quieter until you get on it a bit. Personally, I'm like everyone else, I want people to fear me.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:47 AM
punchymonkey

Don't focus on the sleeper part as much as the quiet exhaust part.

[blockquote]
Some of the people that like the sound of the flowmaster go with the 50 series muffler which is a 3 chamber muffler. It's a lot quieter untilyou get on it a bit. Personally, I'm like everyone else, I want people to fear me. [/blockquote]
Ya something like that. Personally I just want to get a nice rumble, but it never hurts to know whats out there. We'll see next paycheck
Old 02-25-2007, 06:09 AM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

Check out SLP Loudmouth 2.

As for flowmaster, I'm running delta 40's which are supposed to be pretty loud, but theyre not earsplitting. So 50's would be good for you. Flowmasters have a good tone to them too.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:49 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

I had a borla catback which gave a nice rumble but was rather quiet (too quiet for my taste)...i would recommend it for people looking for good sound without the harshness
Old 02-26-2007, 03:05 PM
spray175
3rd Gear Member

SLP and borla stingers are some of the loudest out there. You might want to consider flowmaster, magnaflow or mac with the stock mid.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:19 PM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

SLP makes a quieter version called loudmouth 2. Which is what I was talking about, just to let you know. I havent heard how they sound so im not sure how "quiet" they really are.

Loudmouth 1 is a beast though haha.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:08 PM
CobraBob
2nd Gear Member

I had a Steeda catback (made by Borla) that I liked a lot. Idle wasn't loud. Mid-range was just right. WOT had a nice bark but not quite as loud as, say, a Magnaflow (which I also tried but ditched right away). Using an aftermarket midpipe will affect the loudness, too, especially if it is an off-road (no cats) midpipe. I know for a fact that the FR500 (Ford Racing) catback flows very well and is actually just a tad louder than the stock exhaust. It is definitely the one to pick if you want to maintain a "sleeper" image. Here is a link where you can read more about it. It uses a dual-mode muffler, which allows for a quiet sound while not being as restrictive as the stocker. I am not plugging the vendor. Have never used them. Only posting it for the info. http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...ducts_id=11478

Quick Reply: Quiet Exhaust?