SVT Forums

Hey!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:35 PM
soldierstang04
2nd Gear Member

Default Hey!

Hey guys well i just purchased a 03 cobra a few days ago! I had the car in my sig and due to weather i put it in to a wall doing 40.....sad sad day and then 2 days later i find a 03 cobra sitting in the back of a ford dealership waiting to be services and i was like OOOOOOO i want! so for 3 dollars more a month on car payments and 6 more a month on insurance it is now mine ...... I dont know much about the car like whats done to it and what not but i know its not stock! Its freaking awesome i love this car! What are the factory gears in it? are they under rated at 390hp? i think thats about all i have to ask about them till i find out whats done to it.....
Old 10-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hey!

3.55's and yes they're under rated

get a couple pics of the eingine bay and i'll tell you basically whats done. try not to hit any walls.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:15 PM
soldierstang04
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blownsvt

get a couple pics of the eingine bay and i'll tell you basically whats done. try not to hit any walls.
Ok will do! Im waiting on my laptop to get back from cali! i had to send it in to get worked on and it was supposed to be shipped back but b/c they got evacuated its still there and i cant put any pics on this comp or i would have them for you now! i know it has some kind of cold air intake and exhaust i dont know what kinda but it has magnaflow mufflers on it and its not really loud at all! it has a X pipe. The boost gauge on the dash when you get on it, It climbs fast and gets pegged out when you get it up there! i dont know what they are supposed to stop at but it goes past the thick black line for 10 lbs. are the injectors supposed to be blue?
Old 10-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

injectors are blue, sounds like you probably have a pulley as well. if thats the case be sure and have the tune checked out,
Old 10-28-2007, 10:04 PM
TwinScrewCobra

Blownsvtis definetly right. stockterminator cobraspretty much make the same rwhp as their advertised rated horsepower and they are VERY responsive to minor modifications.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:00 PM
soldierstang04
2nd Gear Member

injectors are blue, sounds like you probably have a pulley as well. if thats the case be sure and have the tune checked out,
Yeah we kinda think it does b/c when you get on it you hear the whine of the blower good! Now granted i have only heard the blower on this car b/c i think im one of the few around here with one that i KNOW of and my GT i had blown didnt have any cats or anything so once you started driving all you heard was car and it was a cent. blower anyways. We know its tuned well main reason why is b/c you cant turn on the traction control on the consol. The only shop around here that has a dyno that has been doing dyno tuning for awhile is still digging the pit for there dyno from moving shops and stuff but as soon as he gets that up and running we are going to put it on there. But the main thing is if its been tune we dont have the factory tune, So we are locked out of the comp in the car right? we can get ford to reflash it but with out knowing whats done to it that can cause big problems right? the guy at the shop drove it, He is a friend of mine, and he said it was felt fine and strong! It runs beautifully!
Old 10-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

You are not locked out of anything.

Enjoy the car, try to take her easy until you can get to a dyno.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:27 PM
soldierstang04
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

You are not locked out of anything.

Enjoy the car, try to take her easy until you can get to a dyno.
ok so your saying when he gets the dyno up and running that we will be able to get it on there and tune it with out the factory tune being in it???? he thought that with the hand held still having the factory tune that we wouldnt be able to get in there and tune it????
Old 10-28-2007, 11:59 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

It depends. If I'm not mistaken, you can read a chip, but you can't read what's flashed from a tuner. If they used a tuner, you can still check everything like A/F to make sure that the tune is good, but you won't be able to read the actual parameters. If you're going past the end of the boost gauge, then yeah, you have a pulley on there and it would have been tuned for that. I'm in the same boat though. I bought my car and I know it has a pulley and has been tuned (I even have a boost overlay so it goes up to 15 on the gauge), but I'd like to get it on the dyno to verify the tune.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

you should be able to tune without the stock tune in the car, the hand held will just recognize whatever tune is in the cars as being a stock tune. you never know waht other people have done, and you are much safer paying 75 bucks for some dyno pulls than 15k for a new motor.

Quick Reply: Hey!