SVT Forums

INTAKE MANIFOLD FOR 2003 COBRA

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 03:45 PM
1995svtcobrawr

Default INTAKE MANIFOLD FOR 2003 COBRA

i have a 2003 cobra terminator and my dad wants me to take the supercharger off because he says it has to much power for a 17 yr old! yea i know.. does anyone know where i could get a intake manifold that woould replace the supercharger?
Old 01-14-2008, 03:57 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: INTAKE MANIFOLD FOR 2003 COBRA

ORIGINAL: 1995svtcobrawr

i have a 2003 cobra terminator and my dad wants me to take the supercharger off because he says it has to much power for a 17 yr old! yea i know.. does anyone know where i could get a intake manifold that woould replace the supercharger?
I don't necessarily disagree with him, it's a lot of power for me and I've been driving longer. It's not so much just about kids being stupid like some people say and speeding and all of that, but it's a lot of power to handle in bad weather and all that, situations where you could use some more experience just being able to drive a less powerful car first.

Now, that said, I completely disagree with what is basically equivalent to neutering a Terminator! That's just blasphemous! Tell him that Kenne Bell makes a new upper intake to replace the Eaton.

(In short, I have no idea what fits, I know that some do for those who take off the S/C, usually for turbos, but I'm not sure if any other Cobra intake works or if it's different.)
Old 01-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Umm...you'd be better off selling it than trying to de-supercharge it. That stuff is tied into the wiring harnesses, ecu, fuel system, and oil system. That and insurance won't change since the car is still a Cobra, SC or not.

Oh and if you think you want to try de-supercharging it anyway, I would suggest a MACH1 intake. You'll have to get a shaker hood but the MACH1 uses the same head layout as a cobra (4-valve DOHC)
Old 01-14-2008, 04:47 PM
darcnytemare
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AJ03SVT

Now, that said, I completely disagree with what is basically equivalent to neutering a Terminator! That's just blasphemous! Tell him that Kenne Bell makes a new upper intake to replace the Eaton.
HAHAHAHAHA....thats a good one [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

I know a lot of ppl use the 99 and 01 cobra intakes. Well if they go turbo they use them. But i wouldn't recomend taking the SC off. then you're left with an NA motor with low compression.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:19 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

If you take the Eaton off and just put an intake manifold on there... its gonna one of the biggest turd mustangs on the road. It won't even be nearly as fast as a Mach I. I would dare say GT's would be almost as fast if they have a few bolt-ons.

If he is that adament about the car, just sell it and use the money for a Mach I. That would be a better alternative, the 03/04 cobra motor was built to run with forced induction... without, it sucks.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1995svtcobrawr

tell him it cannot be done. the only way to do it would be with a 99/01 intake. from ford they are 1300 bucks. i know because i just went turbo, but they can be had for less used if you can find a guy looking to put an eaton on his car. you will also have to change the alternator setup, throttle and cruise contro cables and brackets as well as a bunch of other stuff. it is absolutley bot worht it. you should just keep it the way it is, or sell it for whaqt ever you cna get and spend 10k less ona 99-01.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

Have him get a tuner and change the speed/rev limitersettings or just lower the boost.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

you can't lower the boost, the pulley size dictates that. and as far as i know there have not benn any pullies made larger than stock.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:05 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blownsvt

you can't lower the boost, the pulley size dictates that. and as far as i know there have not benn any pullies made larger than stock.
Dyno proven for -40 RWHP!!!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AJ03SVT

ORIGINAL: Blownsvt

Dyno proven for -40 RWHP!!!!!

would sell a ton of these, because we all want to take performance away from our high perfomance cars.

Quick Reply: INTAKE MANIFOLD FOR 2003 COBRA