SVT Forums

suggestions for an intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 08:33 AM
h0micide
1st Gear Member

Default RE: suggestions for an intake

well 758cobra if you have the strut tower bracing bar and dont want to get rid of it the wms high velocity intake is the one to get!

ive got it and love it. http://www.wmsracing.com/pgi-ProductSpec?WMS-HVI

heres a pic of it installed

Old 01-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

I have my strut brace with my bbk and All I had to do was grind a small part off of the brace and now it fits fine.I love my bbk it looks and sounds great but I havent tried any other intakes.Im going to try and put up a pic of the bbk. I think it looks way better but thats just me.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

Nice mystic BTW
Old 01-27-2008, 09:59 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

JLT cold air, BBK on a cobra is almost pointless, Unless you wanna pay 300$ for a shiny chrome intake, Go with JLT 4" CAI they are not that steep price wise, look SICK and actually make a diffrence in performance.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

BBK looks better lol.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Ecstasy
5th Gear Member

well i was looking at the hpm performance strut tower braces, theirs curve towards the front bumper and up so it looks like it would clear but if anything ill get a custom one made, id rather the jlt though. thats what i have. and they will not paint match the mystic. they have the mystic-chrome paint which isnt the same paint as on the 96 mystic cobra, mystic-chrome = brighter. and the mystic paint isnt as expensive as it useto be. youll have to call them personally and give them your paint code.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

Like I said I only had to trim a small part off the edge of my strut tower to put the bbk on. It only took 5 mins to trim it down and its alot cheaper than buying a new brace.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:13 PM
baino
4th Gear Member

I emailed the guys at JLT awhile back to find out if they knew of a brace that would fit my CAI. They said that they didnt know of one that would fit mine, but they told me the name of one that would fit their carbon fiber setup. Dont know the differenceand cant rememberthe name of the brace, but might be something for you to check into.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:39 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

Not to be a downer but no intake will give you a big increase in performance. I was really dissapointed in my JLT. I was all excited because the hype was so high on these intakes, but all I noticed was a little better throttle response, that's it. No increase in overall power or seat of the pants feel. Defiantly not worth $230... Yeah it looks good and an intake is good to have because it's one of those helper mods, but don't expect anything more than that.

When buying an intake, stay away from any metal or chrome intakes. They attract the heat way more. Any plastic/rubber style intake is optimal. I do admit my JLT keeps cool all the time because of the PVC material it's made of. Good luck...
Old 01-29-2008, 09:41 PM
758cobra

thanks for all the input guys its helped me choose wiser now

Quick Reply: suggestions for an intake