SVT Forums

New Mods Installed and Dyno Graph Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 12:46 AM
bluevenom01

Default New Mods Installed and Dyno Graph Questions...

4.30's, MMFLSC's and IRS Brace have beeninstalled!!!!

All I can say is damn I love those 4.30's!!![sm=wootwoot.gif] No whine at all and it pulls like there's no tomorrow. FLSC made a difference too - I can definitely feel how much tighter the car is...

As for dyno numbers...that's a different story. If I'm looking at the graph right, the chart lines and the printed figures don't look like they match up to me. Am I missing something here?

My tuner had to do quickie runs today because we both were short on time. Anyway he said my current tune looked good, A/F was 12.6 and could be leaned out little bit to about 12.8-12.9. Didn't have time to tweak the tune..that will come later. I'll have to ask him about the graph when he gets back from vacation...
Let me know what you think of the numbers with the current mods...

Motive 4.30's, MMFLSC, BF IRS Brace, NAZ-ty P/P lower intake, SCT X-Cal II -- Custom Tuned by Don@LaSota Racing, MRT SS Catted H pipe, SLP SS catback with MAC Mufflers, Energy Suspension Hyper-Flex polyurethene motor/transmission mounts, JLT CAI, MGW Orange Shifter, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, 18x9/10 Chrome Saleens - 265/35 Toyo T1R's front, 285/35 Michelin Pilot Sports A/S rear, Goodridge SS brake lines, Hawk HPS front pads, EBC Ultimax rear pads, JLT Pre-Filters

/n
Old 05-24-2008, 09:46 AM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New Mods Installed and Dyno Graph Questions...

Those numbers seem a little low for a Dynojet. I don't like the way your tq runs. It's a little unpredictable and seems like it could be straightened out. I wouldn't worry about 12.6 vs. 12.8 as there is little to zero diff on the chart side. Maybe 1-2hp if that with these cars and those numbers are very close. As for making power, what kind of spark advance did he do for ya? What is your timing at WOT? Those are what's going to net you the peak power. I would venture and say he needs to bump your timing up 1 degree from 3k-3400rpms and 2 degrees from 3600-4k rpms and that should straighten your curves out a bit. Obviously he would have to richen up your mixture for those frames, but that's as easy as 1-2-3. It looks like he did a "drive through" with those numbers. If you went from a canned tune running Naz's intake to a custom tune, he did a horrible job. You should have picked up atleast 10hp and your curves would be noticeably diff. Not like N/a to s/c'ed but there would be more of a diff than 2hp!!!
My 97 has been set up for 12.7 air/fuel and 23degrees at WOT and a few tweaks here and there to straighten the tq curve out obviously. I would find out that info and maybe everyone else can give you some pointers.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Legally_Blown
3rd Gear Member

Thats actually not too bad. When I had my 99 Cobra with a built motor it got 330rwhp on a mustang dyno.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:30 AM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Legally_Blown

Thats actually not too bad. When I had my 99 Cobra with a built motor it got 330rwhp on a mustang dyno.
In that case, his numbers are horrible!!! DynoJet #'s are higher than Mustang Dyno and Dyno Dynamics #'s. On average 10-14% higher!
Old 05-25-2008, 12:05 AM
bluevenom01

ORIGINAL: RuffCat

Those numbers seem a little low for a Dynojet. I don't like the way your tq runs. It's a little unpredictable and seems like it could be straightened out. I wouldn't worry about 12.6 vs. 12.8 as there is little to zero diff on the chart side. Maybe 1-2hp if that with these cars and those numbers are very close. As for making power, what kind of spark advance did he do for ya? What is your timing at WOT? Those are what's going to net you the peak power. I would venture and say he needs to bump your timing up 1 degree from 3k-3400rpms and 2 degrees from 3600-4k rpms and that should straighten your curves out a bit. Obviously he would have to richen up your mixture for those frames, but that's as easy as 1-2-3. It looks like he did a "drive through" with those numbers. If you went from a canned tune running Naz's intake to a custom tune, he did a horrible job. You should have picked up atleast 10hp and your curves would be noticeably diff. Not like N/a to s/c'ed but there would be more of a diff than 2hp!!!
My 97 has been set up for 12.7 air/fuel and 23degrees at WOT and a few tweaks here and there to straighten the tq curve out obviously. I would find out that info and maybe everyone else can give you some pointers.

He didn't do any tuning on the car...and you're right, it was nothing more than a drive through cuz we were both short on time. I guess I thought my numbers would have been 300-310ish with the given mods and the canned tune. Is it typical for a canned tune based on my mods to produce lower numbers? He did say though that there was pinging up top and was probably pulling a little timing...

He's going to do a dyno tune for me when he's back from vacation...hopefully numbers will look better after that.

This is great info to know as this is my first dyno run and would be my first dyno tune... any other info you or anyone else can add is appreciated.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:14 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I would expect atleast 300hp. Well i guess its time for FI 4 u haha
Old 05-25-2008, 01:19 AM
bluevenom01

I wish...but not in the immediate future! Hopefully a good tweaking of my tune will help put my numbers where I think they should be...we'll see
Old 05-25-2008, 01:21 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

how about some longtubes? That should help you out.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:30 PM
bluevenom01

Yeah that would def help....just not in a position to get those and do a midpipe swap just yet.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:20 PM
mfj
Banned

seems like ur having a little bit of a spark issue... and ur numbers are difinitely low for ur mods...

Quick Reply: New Mods Installed and Dyno Graph Questions...