SVT Forums

G*D Da**it

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 03:25 PM
sk8r4life2112

Default G*D Da**it

so i just got back from taking a photoshoot with some of my buds, and both of my windows are down, and when i bring the car back to my house my passenger side window goes up but the driver doesnt. So right off the bat im guessing the lift motor is shot...has anyone taken off the driver door yet or can give me any tips so i dont f**k anything up asap?[/align]
Old 07-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Default RE: G*D Da**it

Don't remember your year, but if it is a '99~'04 it may be a couple things. First there is a small box to the left side of hood release lever stuffed up on side wall. This box is has all the wonderful 'nanny' switches that trigger the stupid a$$ buzzer [:@]. I pulled this box and removed the buzzer itself from the board it was soldiered onto. The drivers side window goes through this box and a relay. I believe it is because of the momentary 'tap' of switch to make the window go all the way down for toll booths and such. There may be a connection or relay issue there, or may just not work for a couple days as mine has last year. It started working again, but not sure why it stopped or started again.

If your car is NOT a '99~'04 this may not apply soooooooo......... never mind

Jazzer
Old 07-22-2008, 08:06 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

Trim Removal:
Pull the window switch bezel, small slot on top to wedge a screwdriver. Disconnect it all
Couple screws behind the bezel too
Bezel around the door handle comes out one way, slide that off
Push pin in the door jam by the hinges slides out
Held on by a bunch of push pins, pry off slowly, then lift up and out

The motors only held in by a few bolts.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:46 AM
mfj
Banned

The title of this thread is not warranted, lol....

G0d D@mnit is usually associated with blowing up an engine...Not for a window motor failure, lol!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:26 PM
sk8r4life2112

well i dont plan on doing that any time soon...so we can just temp change the name to well this sucks. how bout that
Old 07-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Stangrocka

I have had a few mustangs and i have had this problem before. i pulled the window motor out itself, twisted the sprocket a few times and plugged the harness back in without installing the motor back in the door. it started working again. like it was stuck. Give that a try. worked for me.