SVT Forums

finally got my 03

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:03 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

Default finally got my 03

ok well i havent got it yet...but tomorrow i will be transferring funds to the owners title holder and ill be recieving the title, i had the car checked out at sexton ford, i had them run a leak down test and just a general inspection of the car and had them pull any codes, the car looks good inside and out like its new, everything seems to be in operating condition the only thing that scares me is that all cylinders passed with 90 psi except cylinder 6 and cylinder 2 had 75, its less then the 20% spec but its awfully close, other then that this car is amazing, and i talked him down a bit in price since i am paying for shipping.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e=&cardist=720
Old 08-26-2008, 09:06 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

nice pickup, love that color, i would be a bit hesitant about buying a car with that many mods though.. good luck with everything.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:12 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

ya i was a bit hesitant about it also but with only 500whp its got a really safe tune on it, the only thing that really concerns me is the lower compression in cylinders 6 and 2, i asked the service manage to test drive it since im 800 miles away from the car, he drove it and he says it shifts smooth and runs smooth, its very well maintained no scratches dents or dings, inside and out, so once i get it ill know more about it i suppose
Old 08-26-2008, 10:03 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

mind me askin what the final sale price was after u talked him down?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:32 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

with shipping its going to be around 24,000
Old 08-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I think that car has been on there for a lil while. I just got mine about 3 months ago and I was looking at that car also haha. I decided to go with mine with only 12k miles and it was bone stock. Post some more pics of it when you get it and enjoy it.

Also with that solid rear axle in it, it's going to ride like a tank lol.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:25 AM
FrigidReflection
1st Gear Member

holy crap that thing looks nice. I really like the color. I've always been a fan of sonic blue. I might be looking for a 03+ cobra some time in the future. Those Kennebells on those things rip lol. There's a guy out here with a white 04 with a intercooled kennebell and I swear I drool everytime I hear/see it. Anyways congrats on the buy
Old 08-27-2008, 01:58 AM
02stallion

I would make a trip if I'm going to be spending 24k on something. Test drive it first. You can't trust someone to tell you how it feels. Its gonna be your car and you should find out for yourself. I found a 03 Cobra that looked good in the ad. Went to test drive it myself, and found so many things wrong with it during the test drive and after. So i passed. Cover your *** and make a trip.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:54 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Good luck with the car... braver soul then I am... a lot of miles for that price... and a lot of mods... good luck.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:00 AM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

actually its fairly priced his asking price was high but the blue book is only 1,500 less then what im paying for the car, i was looking at lower milage cobras but they were asking way too much for them and i couldnt afford to pay anymore then what i was willing to spend, but all in all i got the color i want with mod that i would of done eventually to the car

Quick Reply: finally got my 03