SVT Forums

looking to supercharge

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:40 AM
my94pony
4th Gear Member

Default looking to supercharge

not right now but im thinking about saving up enough money to supercharge the cobra when i take her out of the garage next spring, what would the best supercharger be? im not worried about mpg since its not my daily driver but i do like to save money, and is there any other supporting mods i have to do before supercharging
Old 09-05-2008, 12:19 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Air, Fuel, Suspension... Depending on the level of power you want to run... tranny, clutch and internals to motor.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:42 PM
mfj
Banned

Originally Posted by my94pony
...what would the best supercharger be?...
Is that a serious question? If there was one all great supercharger that was the BEST, every one would have it... Its a matter of opinion, not fact... EVERY supercharger has its ups and downs... Use the search function, there are a million supercharger arguments here...
Old 09-05-2008, 01:28 PM
cohhbra
2nd Gear Member

i'd go with a procharger because you can get one that's self-contained and you don't have to tap the engine for oil, so it's easier to setup. And if you open to it, i'd turbocharge it instead, more expensive and more to setup but more power. But i'm a little biased because I jus like the sound of loud turbos and bov's
Old 09-05-2008, 01:42 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Cohhbra.. the thing about turbo vs supercharger is this... he is going to max out his block going with either... if he had a build in process and wanted it for highway racing then maybe... but on a stock block he is going to max out at just about 450rwhp anyway...
Old 09-05-2008, 02:56 PM
sn8kebite
1st Gear Member

Procharger or nothing.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:16 PM
my94pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfj
Is that a serious question? If there was one all great supercharger that was the BEST, every one would have it... Its a matter of opinion, not fact... EVERY supercharger has its ups and downs... Use the search function, there are a million supercharger arguments here...

i know there isnt one specific best im asking peoples opinions

also im not looking to turbo i know its better but its more money than i want to spend
Old 09-05-2008, 05:22 PM
sn8kebite
1st Gear Member

Procharger is self contained and the kits come intercooled. Kenne Bell's are nice blowers as well, but heat becomes a bigger factor. Also, with a positive displacement supercharger, there is instant boost and instant huge tq numbers. This is going to make lots of tire smoke and be a little tougher on your car. Also, in my experience, the centrifugal always seems to pull the positive displacement car up top. But damn is a KB car a hell of a lot of fun to drive!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:27 PM
my94pony
4th Gear Member

alright so im leaning towards procharger but what type of air, fuel, suspension mods do i need?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:34 PM
sn8kebite
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by my94pony
alright so im leaning towards procharger but what type of air, fuel, suspension mods do i need?
It depends. I believe procharger offers an all inclusive kit. But you will need a fuel pump, injectors and a MAF. As far as suspension is concerned, there is a lot you can do here. To get started subframe connectors along with upper and lower control arms are a good idea.

Quick Reply: looking to supercharge