SVT Forums

pullley question

Old 11-06-2008, 06:55 PM
cant_you_beat_me
2nd Gear Member

Default pullley question

i bought my 04 cobra about a month ago and i want to start modding it. i was thinking about a catback exhaust pulley and a dyno tune. i have been trying to find out how much stock boost our cars are making. the only answer i could find was 8psi and idk if thats true or not. anyways when i floor my car the boost guage peggs past the 10 mark. is there anyway to tell if i have a diff pulley or should that be my answer right there. also if i put just a catback exhaust on my car do i need a tuner also to go with it? everything looks stock i just cant tell if theres a diff pulley on it. thanks!!

2004 Cobra Vert
stock i think lol..
Old 11-06-2008, 09:06 PM
bugpack28
2nd Gear Member

you could possibly have a different pulley!!! I didn't know mine had a pulley when i bought it. Take a gander...
shane
Old 11-07-2008, 01:34 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

You might have a different pulley. You will have to post a pic so we can help you out a little more.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:17 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

If the gauge is pegged you don't "might have an aftermarket pulley" .. you DO have an aftermarket pulley. Pull the pulley cover off and see if you can read the size of the pulley on there; if not go get some calipers and find out...

I would also take it to a dyno ASAP and get a reading on the a/f you never know if the person that got it pullied removed the tune before they sold it.. and can be running you dangerously lean.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Sounds like it has a aftermarket pulley... post a pic...
Old 11-07-2008, 10:17 AM
cant_you_beat_me
2nd Gear Member

yea i noticed when i bought the car that the pulley cover was missing. i will try to get some pics up. the more i think about it i will probably take it to a dyno shop. hopefully everything will turn out ok. its been running great for the past month i have had it i have taken it on a road trip and everything. will it need a tune if i add exhaust? thanks for the replys i checked the pulley yesterday and couldnt find any writing on it.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:55 PM
pcs
4th Gear Member

its not a stock one, my friend got an 03 cobra, completely stock and it will not peg the boost meter. he then installed a 2.96" pulley and took it for a spin w/o the tune ( dont kow why?) and the check engine light came on after giving it a few revs. he didnt drive it hard, but just to check if it was installed right, then we cleared the light with the tuner, installed the tune, and no more light. your car might already have a tune in it, the question is, where is the tuner that has your oem computer settings? some tuners become "married" to the car they install the tune in to, to prevent you from using one tuner on multiple cars. also, you dont have to get a tune for your cat back.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

With the SCT Xcal2 you can over right/download whatever the currnent tune is (oem or aftermarket) on the Cobra.....
Old 11-08-2008, 01:12 AM
pcs
4th Gear Member

so get an sct 2 or arent they up to sct 3?
Old 11-08-2008, 06:44 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

SCT Xcal 2 or 3....my understanding is that the 3 had a few bugs, maybe they've worked them out!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: pullley question