SVT Forums

Ford GT block

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Roushstang07
1st Gear Member

Default Ford GT block

will the Ford Gt block fit a Terminator?
Old 11-10-2008, 07:55 AM
JTanew
1st Gear Member

not really it was strictly design for the Ford GT and is not easily adaptable.

the major difference is the pan rails are wider apart, designed for a dry sump oil pan
and no production modular wet-sump pans bolt to this block.

also, the front of the block has no provision to bolt a stock wet-sump oil pump to the face.

also, since the starter on the Ford GT bolts to the transaxle from behind the engine
the area where the starter would normally mount from the front side of the engine in a mustang for example interferes with the block itself.

it is posible to machine this block to do all the things to make it fit in a rear wheel drive mustang with a wet-sump, but it would be crazy expensive.

all in all great thinking that way yes it could be done and it would be freeking insane the plain block is capable of supporting in excess of 1000hp woooo!

Last edited by JTanew; 11-10-2008 at 07:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Roushstang07
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JTanew
not really it was strictly design for the Ford GT and is not easily adaptable.

the major difference is the pan rails are wider apart, designed for a dry sump oil pan
and no production modular wet-sump pans bolt to this block.

also, the front of the block has no provision to bolt a stock wet-sump oil pump to the face.

also, since the starter on the Ford GT bolts to the transaxle from behind the engine
the area where the starter would normally mount from the front side of the engine in a mustang for example interferes with the block itself.

it is posible to machine this block to do all the things to make it fit in a rear wheel drive mustang with a wet-sump, but it would be crazy expensive.

all in all great thinking that way yes it could be done and it would be freeking insane the plain block is capable of supporting in excess of 1000hp woooo!

well i have spoken to people on svtperformance, they said it can be done but the block has to be modified to fit the starter since its rear transaxle. now if i waited to get a Gt500 then it would be worth it. I would probably still have to modify the block. i believe FRPP makes an aluminum GT Block thats like 3700, but then they have one for a dry sump oil system. would i be able to get this http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=7799. since it doesnt say Dry sump oil system on it or would i have to get this one,http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=10443. let me know thanks. I also heard that i would need a bigger hood if i decided to go with a 3.4L whipple of top of that. would i need different internals etc hardware.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Fobra
Banned

there wouldnt be a whole lot of point
Old 11-10-2008, 09:54 AM
JTanew
1st Gear Member

i would get the GT500 instead of doing all this man unless you have money you wanted to throw into a deep botomless hole.

you can buy a 5.4 4v and stuff it in your ride just put the Ford GT internals in there like the cams and such it will be pretty much the same thing your looking for w/o all that fabbing and ****. oh and yes get a lager hood lol
Old 11-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Roushstang07
1st Gear Member

i would get the GT500 instead of doing all this man unless you have money you wanted to throw into a deep botomless hole.

you can buy a 5.4 4v and stuff it in your ride just put the Ford GT internals in there like the cams and such it will be pretty much the same thing your looking for w/o all that fabbing and ****. oh and yes get a lager hood lol
so your saying i should get a 5.4 Block and get H beam rods and Forged Pistons. Does anyone know what brand those pistons and H-beams are.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:29 AM
JTanew
1st Gear Member

i wanna say Manley...even if they weren't i would still go with manley. And yes i am saying that, way more easy. Work smarter not Harder bro!

plus The Ford GT engine is just a 5.4l design to be in a mid-engined supercar
Old 11-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Roushstang07
1st Gear Member

i wanna say Manley...even if they weren't i would still go with manley. And yes i am saying that, way more easy. Work smarter not Harder bro!

plus The Ford GT engine is just a 5.4l design to be in a mid-engined supercar
thanks man appreciate it. i though about a SN95 Cobra to do it to also. well see I dont have either car yet I am just throwing around idea's lol. My neighbor has a GT and i want to see if i can beat him or not. the S197 Stangs arent to bad either I driven one before.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Roushstang07
1st Gear Member

Alright i found the site. alot of numbers can really tell what anything is lol.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:44 AM
JTanew
1st Gear Member

All in all it is a pretty neat idea more power to ya!

Quick Reply: Ford GT block