SVT Forums

Cobra tuner

Old 03-02-2009, 06:38 PM
1SVTLVR
2nd Gear Member

Exclamation Cobra tuner

Ok, I have a 98 Cobra. Current mods are JLT cold air intake, 4.10 gears, and soon (as in this weekend) long tube headers and o/r h-pipe, flowing out of the currently installed flowmasters. I am looking at getting a tuner but don't know which kind to get. I have narrowed down to SCT, Diablo, or Sniper. I am really looking at the Sniper because of the two vehicles aspect. Which one will produce the most horsepower? I am completely new to tunes but not to mods. Anyone have any input?
Old 03-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

i have an sct x cal 3...i have 3 good tunes on it and i have similar mods also...i would have someone put the tune on the handheld for you someone that knows what there doing....also if this is gonna be it for your mods then i suggest getting it on a dyno or do one more mod soon then dyno...
Old 03-02-2009, 07:01 PM
1SVTLVR
2nd Gear Member

I didn't throw in the reg mods just the "go fast goodies". Was looking at a tubular K-memeber and a alum. drive shaft but both of which don't provide hp/speed gains enough to justify the price just yet. I am saving for a supercharger but fear destruction as the engine is now at 108K. I want something that will provide power now and power after i'm pushing the 10+lbs. Then changing to forged internals and larger displacement along with higher psi. lol Any suggestions?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

port polish but but the only other mods that will give you something to notice is underdrive pullies...but like i said dyno is best tune for the mods....as for sc you should be good round 8 to 10 psi detenation is mainly due to bad tunes fuel and such things like that....the longtubes mainly help N/a cars they dont do much for superchargers until you get up in the 700 hp range...boost is the measure of restriction therefore less restriction lower boost...they dont hurt but they dont help for the cost and hastle in the sc realm
Old 03-02-2009, 08:21 PM
1SVTLVR
2nd Gear Member

How do you like the udps? I did them on my first GT but ended up having to replace the alt cuz the shaft got pushed back too far. How much power did you see/notice with them on yours?
Old 03-02-2009, 08:41 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

the sniper is nice, shame i think you just missed a hell of a deal they were like $150 off for the SF and $200 off the commando.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:53 PM
1SVTLVR
2nd Gear Member

Where was the deal? What are some of the best places to buy parts? I use multiple but some of the best i've found was cjponyparts, rpmoutlet, american muscle isn't too bad. Do you have the Sniper? Please give more info on what you've found about it if ya do.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:01 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

there was a thread but i think its over now... it was by hanley motorsports, a site sponser, it was a special group forum type thing...https://mustangforums.com/forum/hane...s-package.html

says till the end of feb maybe u can shoot em a PM and grab one quick.. good luck.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:12 PM
1SVTLVR
2nd Gear Member

It'll probably be another 2 weeks before I can afford to get one. The price has already went back up but that's ok, I'll get it in 2 weeks. Very much appreciate the lookout tho!!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Hands down best place to buy part with the biggest selection is lethalperformance.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cobra tuner