SVT Forums

Another New 03 owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 02:04 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Default Another New 03 owner

Hi Guys.
Traded my Whippled (etc etc) 06 GT for an 03 Cobra Vert which I'm picking up on Tuesday 4th Aug.

It's bone stock, unmarked condition and has 17,000 km on it. What's that in old money, 11,000 miles?

I'm doing the CAI/pulley/Dyno/Exhaust thing at Alternative Auto, MI. Only other thing I will probably want to get asap is the light bar.

OK, that's that out the way.

I'll be honest, I'm having a little trouble rationalizing this trade given that my GT was pretty much 'there' in every way I wanted it to be. The draw of the Terminator was simply too much though and when I saw it sitting in the stealership I knew I had to have it.

I know that soon enough I'll find out but as I say my head is hurting a bit right now, I guess I'm looking for some honest words about how I'm going to find creature comfort type stuff in comparison to the newer GT.
I notice the clutch is heavier than my GT, which I kinda expected, is that pretty normal?
I'm swapping out the stock radio unit so that's not a question, but how does the rest of the electronics stack up? Cruise, Air....
Any quirks I need to know about? Noisy brakes or suspension? Should the diff run quiet, gearbox quiet through all gears or does 1st [or whichever] whine or anything.
Should I be looking at swapping out rear bushings as a matter of course? or should the bushings be fine on this mileage?
I read of this particular motor throwing codes a lot after a tune, is this just a few people making alot of noise or is that something fairly common to expect from time to time?
As I say, this termi is as genuine as they get and with 11,000 miles I don't expect to have any issues but if I do notice anything I'd like to have some idea beforehand that it might just be the nature of the beast.

Wow, so many questions.

Thanks in advance tho guys.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:01 PM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by marcuskeeler
Hi Guys.

I'll be honest, I'm having a little trouble rationalizing this trade given that my GT was pretty much 'there' in every way I wanted it to be. The draw of the Terminator was simply too much though and when I saw it sitting in the stealership I knew I had to have it.

I notice the clutch is heavier than my GT, which I kinda expected, is that pretty normal?

Any quirks I need to know about? Noisy brakes or suspension? Should the diff run quiet, gearbox quiet through all gears or does 1st [or whichever] whine or anything.

Should I be looking at swapping out rear bushings as a matter of course? or should the bushings be fine on this mileage?

As I say, this termi is as genuine as they get and with 11,000 miles I don't expect to have any issues but if I do notice anything I'd like to have some idea beforehand that it might just be the nature of the beast.

Wow, so many questions.

Thanks in advance tho guys.

The Termi will be faster.. you wont regret it.

Yes, the stock clutch is heavy

The whole damn car is loud, squeaks, chatters, creaks over speed bumps and going into driveways, its a convertible.. its got ALOT of flex
Oh and with your new exhuast, i hope you never plan on talking on the phone in the car again =)

If your just driving the car... you wont need bushings, they help with the wheel hop, which is only noticeable during launching

And you are taking a risk from buying it from a stealership, just because it LOOKS stock, doesnt mean its lived its whole life that way.
If i ever get rid of my car, it will go to some schmuck who thinks its stock too, cause i have every single stock item to put BACK on the car. and its sad, but you can buy a stock Termi for more money than a KB Termi, i'll have a giant yard sale =)
Old 08-01-2009, 01:07 PM
mfj
Banned

Originally Posted by MAD SVT
If i ever get rid of my car, it will go to some schmuck who thinks its stock too, cause i have every single stock item to put BACK on the car. and its sad, but you can buy a stock Termi for more money than a KB Termi, i'll have a giant yard sale =)
YOU CROOK!!! Remind me to NEVER buy anything from you!
Old 08-01-2009, 03:26 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MAD SVT
And you are taking a risk from buying it from a stealership, just because it LOOKS stock, doesnt mean its lived its whole life that way.
Honestly, that is one of the main issues with every Termi I've seen on a lot. i pride myself however on being able to spot small giveaway details which point to an ex-racer, but really, there is no need on this one. Everything from the quality check marks to the straightness of the panels to the bolts on the blower pulley, the wiring harness, everything. it literally STINKS of stock.
Plus it came from the original owner, a Mustang owner/collector who has been featured in a magazine with his other two older SVT models. His (my) termi was even mentioned in that article and referred to as one of his "definite keeper cars". LOL, I guess the lure of a GT500 for too much for him in the end.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I sold my 07 gt for my terminator and I have no regrets. To tell you the truth I hatted my s197!! Everyone and their grandma has a s197! Plus 3vs sounds like dump trucks!
Old 08-01-2009, 03:56 PM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfj
YOU CROOK!!! Remind me to NEVER buy anything from you!
i'd like to think that i could sell it to YOU.... the way it is.... for what its worth =)
Old 08-01-2009, 04:34 PM
mfj
Banned

^Wanna trade?
Old 08-01-2009, 08:57 PM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfj
^Wanna trade?
Nope!!! Mine's sexier.... slower, yes.... but sexy none the less =)
Old 08-02-2009, 10:10 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

I've had a terrible few nights mulling this over in my pee-brain and I reckon I'm gonna bail on the Cobra.
The deal is weighted heavily to the dealers advantage, which is normal I know, but it is a big divide nevertheless.
Other things I'm twitching about is the fact it's a vert. if it were a Coupe I'd be counting the seconds to the handover/pickup.

I spent hours and thousands on my GT and thought I'd keep it forever, it's only the fact that this vert dropped into the dealers lap that I would ever consider letting it go on a trade. My GT feels tighter and faster than the Termi and although in theory I could pour more money into the Termi to rectify that, in practice I just can't right now. I have a toy budget but that's pretty much wiped out having to write the chq for the difference. .
Old 08-02-2009, 11:03 PM
03svtcobra12
3rd Gear Member

you know what that means?

theres a built motor in your future.

Quick Reply: Another New 03 owner