SVT Forums

Mystichrome Cobra or not?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:38 PM
frondon
1st Gear Member

I like that the interior is unique on the MCs and I do like the color too. But I do like the black as well. I just think that all other colors are easier to repair. Thanks.

Originally Posted by ATFPat
the MC is nice. Get what you want though. I waited forever for a good deal on a DSG. Ended up with black which was my second choice. Are you looking for a rarer color in hopes that it'll hold its value? or is that your favorite color?

Don't leak this out, but the black cobras were the fastest ...........
Old 09-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hot sauce
if you wanted a rare color then get rarest a 03 satin silver coupe only 242 made, but you want a color that was true to only the cobra then the mystic is the only color that did not make it to the v6,gt or mach1.well also mineral gray was a 03 cobra color only also
Wrong again, GT's got mineral gray as well.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:29 PM
hot sauce
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Wrong again, GT's got mineral gray as well.
nope that was a 01 and 02 color for the mustang, only the early 03 cobras got that color mineral gray was replaced with the dsg for the 03 mustangs so your wrong buddy.here i will help you http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/Production03.html
Old 09-13-2009, 05:50 PM
5.0 85 GT
3rd Gear Member

^^^ mineral grey was a gt color, i had one, they made em, but yes they also had 03 cobras that were mineral grey for a half year production....but as for the mystic, hands down the sickest combo because of the seats, but the worst, becuase if i had one, wouldnt drive it, the color is too siick and i wouldnt want any imperfections, so i leave it to others to buy and admire those...lol go for sonic or dsg or screamin yellow, or that awesome comp orange...or white, white is siiiickkk and my buddy has a silver one that looks godly
Old 09-13-2009, 09:22 PM
hot sauce
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5.0 85 GT
^^^ mineral grey was a gt color, i had one, they made em, but yes they also had 03 cobras that were mineral grey for a half year production....but as for the mystic, hands down the sickest combo because of the seats, but the worst, becuase if i had one, wouldnt drive it, the color is too siick and i wouldnt want any imperfections, so i leave it to others to buy and admire those...lol go for sonic or dsg or screamin yellow, or that awesome comp orange...or white, white is siiiickkk and my buddy has a silver one that looks godly
i think alot of you guys are missing my point there was no 2003 mustangs in mineral grey besides a few cobras. in ur sig you said you had a 2002 not a 2003.so the only mineral grey 2003 mustangs where all cobras!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:46 PM
5.0 85 GT
3rd Gear Member

oooooo i wasn't picking up on that, ahahah sorry, you are correct dude...i thought u meant that mineral grey was never on a gt...only on the 03 cobra...my bad
Old 09-14-2009, 10:09 AM
hot sauce
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5.0 85 GT
oooooo i wasn't picking up on that, ahahah sorry, you are correct dude...i thought u meant that mineral grey was never on a gt...only on the 03 cobra...my bad
its cool but ur right about the mystic being one of the best i am looking at adding one to my stable here in dec. i all most bought a true blue 03 cobra til i realized that true blue was not a cobra color some kid had put a cobra kit on a 2v and that thing was sick looking sounded like a monster he almost had me
Old 09-14-2009, 02:00 PM
96MysticJC
1st Gear Member

The mystic colors on the cobras are im my opinion the sharpest most impressive color that ford has ever came out with.. You will turn heads and you will get lots of compliments if you buy the mystichrome cobra. My brother has a convertible 04 cobra mystichrome with 6,000 current miles. He bought it for 31k 2 years ago. I just bought a 96 mystic cobra with 29,000 miles on it about a month ago for $8,500.... It was a steal!! The guy was in need of money and sacrificed it for a great price... I haven't regretted it since... I only use it on the weekends or after work sometimes, but when I am out in it, I get lots of compliments. My brother always has people coming up to his car and saying they love the paint, so on and so forth. They are very impressive colors, and very rare as for many people don't knpw about the changing color paints, and I live in Chicago lol... But if your looking to make it an everyday driver dont buy the mystic color cause you will eventually get lots of chips and possible door dings cause your driving it and parking it in public places. So thats my opinion on the mystic paint jobs. If you got the money though buy a MYSTIC no regrets, I promise!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:19 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

i love the mystichrome but i didnt want the price tag that came with it, so i picked 3 colors i was looking for and listed them in the order i wanted and i found my blue cobra and love it!

1)sonic blue
2)comp orange
3)DSG
Old 09-14-2009, 11:59 PM
5.0 85 GT
3rd Gear Member

yea i will have to say sonic blue is prob the bestcolor....and so is comp orange and dsg...and black is always nice but a b to keep clean....mystic is nasty, just id be soo nervous with the paint on the hiway and what not....a hot car is the 96 mystic witht he 04 mystic interior....wish ford thought of that then..and hahah no true blue cobras ever, but i bet that thing looked siiickk, true blue is absolutely gorgeous

Quick Reply: Mystichrome Cobra or not?