SVT Forums

My New 98' COBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:43 PM
grindman620
2nd Gear Member

Talking My New 98' COBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people will think I am crazy, others should totally understand my ways lol. You may remember that last year I bought a 92' GT and I loved it. Sure it was ragged on and the paint was awful from the previous owner, but I loved it nonetheless. Towards the end of summer 09', I just was feeling like I could of gotten more for my money I guess.............so I wound up trading for a Calypso Green 5.0 LX. This thing was beautiful! I basically vowed that I would never get rid of this Fox because it just blew me away. For a 17 year old car it had its problems here and there, but it was definitely a solid stang. I wound up garaging the Calypso LX for the winter time and pulled it out this spring. I forgot how much fun it was and had a blast tinkering with it for a few months. About 2 months ago I went to a car show and saw a SN-95 Cobra sitting there. Man, for some reason my jaw dropped and I fell in love with everything it had to offer. The body lines, the 4V V8, the exhaust note, and the Cobra legacy just flooded my thoughts from there on out.

So I wound up selling the LX for a pretty good price and picking up the Crystal White Cobra for a GREAT deal as well. I bought it from a Detroit firefighter in Plymouth, MI. He is the 2nd owner and bought it with 20k miles on it back in 2000. He took great care of the car and babied it up until the 78k miles that it has on it now. Last year when he was pulling it out of storage he noticed a strange noise coming from what he thought was the trans. He had a mechanic take a look at it and said that the motor looks like it needs a rebuild. I cannot remember for the life of me (need to ask him again) why he thought it needed a rebuild exactly. The mechanic said he could just tide it over with some cheaper parts and you could sell it, but that didn't feel right to him (he told me that he wouldn't want someone to do that to him). Instead, he wrote a $3,500 check to get the motor rebuilt and freshen up the Cobra (I have the receipts).

All in all the car is in good shape with no major modifications done to it. It has a lowering kit, O/R H Pipe exhaust, short throw shifter, and K&N air intake. The car looks spectacular minus two paint chips near the quarter windows. The check engine light is on because of the O2 sensor near the O/R H pipe, ill take care of that when I can. The glove box still has the manual and all the literature from the original buyer.

I took some pictures with my new phone. I set them to 1 megapixel so it wouldn't take forever to load, I hope they come out decently.
OK enough talk, here is what everyone is waiting for anyways:

Before I picked her up at the Firehouse...

Some exterior shots.....

Interior pictures.......

Engine bay shots.......

Miscellaneous.....

Paint spots.....

Old 06-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Congrats man and welcome to the svt club! Very nice looking ride!

What are your plans for it?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:44 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

very nice man always loved white!!! time to start modding
Old 06-30-2010, 06:18 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Congrats on the Cobra!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:54 AM
grindman620
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I love the Cobra.......LOVE IT!
Mustang3GT07------thanks! And I plan on cleaning her up a bit, work on brakes/suspension and doing full bolt ons (tune), paint eventually, possibly consider a supercharger eventually when I feel the car is ready.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:16 AM
TheCrimzonKnight
3rd Gear Member

Its about time you got a cobra and I am also glad you stayed away from that 01. Congrats man!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:56 AM
grindman620
2nd Gear Member

Hey Crimzon yeah I just had a bad feeling about it and with your help it made more sense. Its always hard to be patient, but this really really paid off. I love the sn95 Cobra and cant wait to just make it my own.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

congrats on the car man..
Old 06-30-2010, 12:56 PM
grindman620
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Soldier!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 03:13 PM
mfj
Banned

So now your got a 2008 V6 AND a 98 Cobra? Nice! Mode the Cobra, and use the V6 as your daily driver!

Quick Reply: My New 98' COBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!