SVT Forums

Let the 2011 Mods Begin!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Default Let the 2011 Mods Begin!!!!

....Well, after 5 happy very happy years with my current set-up on my DSG Cobra, which has included a dyno day at Mustang Magic, netted 465 rwhp, a LVD day, which bested a 11.93 @ 122.24 (with a Stock Eaton) & Nitto 315 DR's <----- Not to bad IMHO ...I've decided to change it a bit for 2011!!!

Nothing too major, but enough to get me in the LOW 11's (I'm hoping) and the 520 rwhp range!! .... Really not too concerned about the HP, I just want the Cobra to run good at the Drag's & at the Oval tracks...

I will up-date this thread as I go...But for now, this is what I have:

Current engine bay: Good by JLT CAI <----- Great intake, just changing it up!!

Note my FIRST change for 2011 in Pic #1, HELLO JLT RAI with a custom ram air set-up thanks to some 4" HD ducting I had with my old Vortech SC (long before power pipes ) ... I think this should help a little!! pic#2 shows the ducting next to the fog light...pic#3 is the ducting (4' long) entering the fender and air filter....

Pic#1

Pic #2

Pic #3

I did just get this in the mail today...which will be installed at a later date!

I also have this little piece as well....

....40 amp BAP, FRPP 60# injectors also soon to come!!!!! ....Thanks Santa!!!!

...NOW, for the drag's, I've picked up some Jeg's 15" Spot Star II Wheels with Kumho 165/80-15 tires (you will need a 1" wheel spacer to clear the Cobra brakes) ... takes 42 pounds right off the front of the car!!!!!

I also have these 16" Centerline wheels with MT ET Streets, 26x11.5x16 for next year as well....Of course, the skinnies and ET streets will be for the Drag's only....

All has to still come back off as soon, and the Eaton will be coming off as well .... More on that later!!!!!!

...Hope you all enjoy, and have a great New Year!

Tim

Last edited by Timspony; 12-31-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:13 AM
Bladerunner
2nd Gear Member

Happy new year Tim and congrats on your new mods I really like your new set up too!
My subjestions are to replace the restrictive Flowmaster catback with a straight through
design catback exhaust like the Magnaflow catback.Also if you are planning on more
power in the near future I highly recommend upgrading your stock clutch and installing
a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch because your stock clutch is the weak link.
How is doing your dyno tune?
Old 12-31-2010, 05:39 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Nice Tim nice I like where you're heads at.

Last edited by uberstang1; 12-31-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:47 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Bladerunner
Happy new year Tim and congrats on your new mods I really like your new set up too!
My subjestions are to replace the restrictive Flowmaster catback with a straight through
design catback exhaust like the Magnaflow catback.Also if you are planning on more
power in the near future I highly recommend upgrading your stock clutch and installing
a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch because your stock clutch is the weak link.
How is doing your dyno tune?
I'll be keeping the Flowmaster CB for now!!! ....Centerforce DF clutch will be the only clutch for my car when the stocker is done!!

I'll be heading to Performance-Dyno in Loudon, NH this time around!
Old 12-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

thats awesome tim!! im just curious if off the line that tubing lacks the air for the filter! like without the tubing its pulling from and open space in the fender but now it has to pull all the way from the fog light? but its still awesome im thinking bout that lol
Old 12-31-2010, 10:38 AM
mfj
Banned

Nice Tim. I'm glad to see the MAF positioned correctly, finally. Looks like you will be going with a ported Eaton, so congrats! I love the spot stars as well!

Just as a side note, JLT's are no good in AZ, especially during the summer. The PVC pipe that they use actually ends up warping from all of the heat and making it impossible to keep the clamps tight.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Originally Posted by mfj
Nice Tim. I'm glad to see the MAF positioned correctly, finally. Looks like you will be going with a ported Eaton, so congrats! I love the spot stars as well!

Just as a side note, JLT's are no good in AZ, especially during the summer. The PVC pipe that they use actually ends up warping from all of the heat and making it impossible to keep the clamps tight.
Thanks! ....The Eaton is getting a POSI Port! ...I'll have everything for the next future Phase..."The Whipple"

...at which time Kim's Cobra would get the POSI....

That kind of an issue with the JLT not a problem in NY!! ...oh ya, I know how to position a MAF!
Old 12-31-2010, 01:45 PM
mfj
Banned

Originally Posted by Timspony
Thanks! ....The Eaton is getting a POSI Port! ...I'll have everything for the next future Phase..."The Whipple"

...at which time Kim's Cobra would get the POSI....

That kind of an issue with the JLT not a problem in NY!! ...oh ya, I know how to position a MAF!
Sweet. My car is FINALLY getting tuned today. It has been down since last May...
Old 12-31-2010, 03:45 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

looking good there tim! i'm spending my mod cash on a DD this year.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

I did end up getting the Eaton off yesterday....Time for the power to commence!

Quick Reply: Let the 2011 Mods Begin!!!!