SVT Forums

Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 11:51 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by 04svtcobra16
I went out this morning to start it, and it would just turn over, over, over but would not start. I did it for about a good 10-15 trys and pump the gas a few times, same thing, pumped more thinking I am going to flud it, but it finally came to alive. I drove it to work and it runs like ****. I am ready to yank everything out and go back stock.
Sounds like the tuner messed the tune up big time, take it somewhere else. Pumping the gas pedal wont flood it its not carbuerated, all the gas pedal does is pull a cable which operated the throttle body
Old 02-17-2011, 11:57 AM
kbraklr
Banned

LOL @ pumping the gas pedal!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

oh ya by the way gapping at .28 is a bit to small thats like a nitrous gap .32 is great for your setup!! ya sounds like a major tuning issue
Old 02-17-2011, 09:51 PM
04svtcobra16
1st Gear Member

Could it be my FRPS? I drove it today and did ok(not really lol), but had to ease into ever gear if I did not it would bogg like hell.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:30 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

ok well lets think it out!! 1st sign its the tune is the tuner said that he couldnt get it tuned yet didnt give you a mechanical reason why or tell you to change something so it is tuneable

2nd your car sputters underthrottle that either means your car is drowning in fuel starving for air or starving for fuel...how does this happen it happens from imrpoper tuning of your fuel pump, bap, maf, etc etc

3rd you had trouble starting which can also go back to fuel and air and not gettin proper amount to even start the car let alone driving!

lastly if i was in your shoes i would pull my plugs see how the look and I WOULD NOT BE DRIVING THE CAR except to a diff tuner to get it fixed the right way
Old 02-18-2011, 08:04 AM
04svtcobra16
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blackvenom01
ok well lets think it out!! 1st sign its the tune is the tuner said that he couldnt get it tuned yet didnt give you a mechanical reason why or tell you to change something so it is tuneable

2nd your car sputters underthrottle that either means your car is drowning in fuel starving for air or starving for fuel...how does this happen it happens from imrpoper tuning of your fuel pump, bap, maf, etc etc

3rd you had trouble starting which can also go back to fuel and air and not gettin proper amount to even start the car let alone driving!

lastly if i was in your shoes i would pull my plugs see how the look and I WOULD NOT BE DRIVING THE CAR except to a diff tuner to get it fixed the right way

That is what I will do!