SVT Forums

1995 Cobra SVT

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 05:57 AM
McNassty

Default 1995 Cobra SVT

I have a Ford Mustang Cobra SVT with BBK ceramic coated shorty headers, BBK off road x-pipe( no cats), BBK cold-air induction, BBK 70mm. Throttle body and throttle body spacer, BBK under drive pulleys and stage 2 Steeda suspension upgrade. I just added Baer DecelaRotor's, Baer decelapad's and a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch. Any feedback on the clutch and brakes? Oh yeah I installed a Centerforce Throwout bearing and a BBK adjustable clutch cable quadrant with it too and now my pedal feels softer.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:07 AM
McNassty

Oh and she also has a BBK short throw shifter on her. When I bought 'Chloe' she already had a lot of BBK equipment and she ran great so I just continued with the brand. Oh and I broke my parking brake cable and need to find another one, any idea's?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:26 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Centerforce DF was/is the best clutch I ever used!!! ...any pics!? ...and Welcome!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:32 AM
McNassty

Thanks for the welcome and I'm gonna have some pics up later. I'm gonna take my car on a nice long drive today to season the brakes and break in the clutch. I hate driving around town not able to rip her open every now and than.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:36 AM
McNassty

I also just threw some Nitto 555's on her, can't wait for summer.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:19 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

555R's out back? ...and what size tires!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:42 AM
McNassty

Nitto NT 555 Extreme ZR P275/40R17, and of course I walk out side and it's snowing like it's january
Old 03-14-2011, 07:44 AM
McNassty

Front and back, I love the turns
Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

We still have a foot+ on the ground...and yes, it's snowing again this morning!

...Post some pics!
Old 03-14-2011, 10:06 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Welcome to the forums but wrong section, this is for 96+ 4.6L SVT Cobras you may wanna look into the 5.0 forum, however this section has a much nicer crowd.

Centerforce makes a very good quality clutch so good choice there.

BBK makes some good parts, my 5.0 has a lot of BBK items on it as well, however not everything they make is good. So don't go all out with BBK.

The TB spacer is junk nothing more than a paper weight. An intake spacer (which sits between the upper/lower intake) does add a little hp and torque but money is better invested on a different upper/lower intake assembly and heads. But then again you have a Cobra and not a GT so keep the motor as close to stock as possible to maintain the value of the car.

IDK if you're intrested but I have a Kenne Bell supercharger for sale that would work wonders on your Cobra. Should put you just under 400 rwhp running the 11 psi I have it set at. Great thing about the S/C is you can always easily pull it back off and return the car to stock for value.

For the parking brake cable just go to a junk yard and pull one. To my knowledge all parking brake cables for 94-04 are pretty much the same.

Quick Reply: 1995 Cobra SVT