SVT Forums

GOOD OIL

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 07:25 PM
cab98svt

Default GOOD OIL

I have a 98 cobra and am looking onto what oil I should put in. please let me know if you know of a good oil that I should use. thanks
Old 11-09-2005, 11:21 AM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GOOD OIL

Your gonna get at least 5 different opinions on this one. Go with any good full synthetic and you'll be ok.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:24 PM
DreamKing
2nd Gear Member

Use Seafoam and then go synthetic. I use mobile one synthetic and I've had no problems.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:14 PM
MrSpeed636

Not that I have any room to talk here being that I am still a newbie. But, I always though that switching to synthetic oils should only be done right after a motor is broken in. Switching to synthetic later in a motors life could potentially cause problems from what I understand. I would think that the best thing you can do is switch to a higher quality standard oil of your choice with the correct weight for your climate. I have also, in the past, used Lucas oils additives in my old 91 LX 5.0 with great results.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:18 AM
vovan

hey, i just found this forum, just thought it would be to get a few opinions on what a good set of tires........i got a 2003 mustang cobra svt, and i have really crappy tires, they are still good for driving, but they are really bold, and the car just doesnt seem to stop burning out, so i thought about what i could do to it beside putting wider new tires with a new grip, maybe slics, wonder if that is worth trieng
Old 11-30-2005, 04:46 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vovan

hey, i just found this forum, just thought it would be to get a few opinions on what a good set of tires........i got a 2003 mustang cobra svt, and i have really crappy tires, they are still good for driving, but they are really bold, and the car just doesnt seem to stop burning out, so i thought about what i could do to it beside putting wider new tires with a new grip, maybe slics, wonder if that is worth trieng
Go buy the most affordable and longest lasting Drag Radials on the market, Nittos! You won't regret it and they hold pretty well and are nice on the street. The suck when the grooves are gone and it's cold out though, but that could just be the 500hp making them break loose.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:52 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

alrighty...that was a thread Hijack

NEways, back to the oil topic... If you use something like seafoam or any engine flusher in your engine you may cause the seals to shrink, thus the whole thing with 'possibly causing problems' Same can be said for an older engine switching to synthetic, smaller more consistent molecular make up (slicker basicly) could cause leaking in older seals.

You can try it but don't be surprised if you 'spring' a new leak in either your rear main or timing seals if they are still the original ones.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:15 PM
beabout

Mobile 1
Old 12-09-2005, 06:47 PM
MTShambles
1st Gear Member

Ive got Royal Purple 5w20 in my Cobra.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:29 AM
kpaver

my 98 cobra has 87K miles and i was going to try the seafoam and then put synthetic in. do you think the seafoam thing is a good idea? i want to switch to synthetic anyway and u have to change ur oil after the seafoam, so thats what i was thiking of doing.

Quick Reply: GOOD OIL