Texas Regional Chapter Chapter President: ODDYSEY

San Antonio Tint Shop "Tint Avenue"

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 06:44 PM
cerealninjakilla

Default San Antonio Tint Shop "Tint Avenue"

*Skip to bottom for Pictures if you don't like novels*

I am a new member I know I am making a lot of post quickly, but usually that is just how I am. So having bought my "new to me car", the tint job really sucked. Debris, peeling, and just plain bad. I hear stories about how difficult it is to tint the back or what not and shopping around I was getting quotes that were UNGODLY.

I got to note that the dealership I bought my car from wrote me a WE OWE which states that they will cut me a check for wherever I choose to get my tint done. I could of just went to the most expensive place, but being a kind soul I tried to find something that wouldn't break them, but would also do a proper job.

This is a fresh review so I would like to keep this thread open as to discuss the business. I will update the progress of the curing of the tint etc until it is done.

My first impression calling Tint Avenue was great. Victor picked up and greeted me with the usual hi and hows it going. Immediately I jump to, "I need a quote for a 13' Mustang GT". I explain that previous tint job was ****e and that everyone around has been throwing numbers north of $299.99 before tax.

I want everyone to keep in mind that I am very meticulous and ocd at times. I am that annoying customer that likes to know what is being done if it is something I do not know how to do, or cannot do.

Before I even open up to ask how they were going to remove it Victor jumps in explaining that they use a steamer to remove the tint and not some ghetto razor blade edward scissor hand to remove.

I set up an appointment and go in today on time and he comes out and walks the vehicle. He goes through your options and even gives his personal advice which I like.

Results: I got 20% all around and 70% for the front windshield.

I was always under the impression that any type of tint on the front windshield is illegal, but he reassured me that 70% is the max that someone can tint. Well, I have always wanted to do it, and having a bold confident answer like that, who could say no.

This thread will be updated again once the cure time comes around, but for now I would like to say I am very impressed. He even gave a little aerosol of cleaner and a microfiber towel. It's a nice touch and all their film has a lifetime warranty.

If you end up going there tell'em cereal sent ya!

Shop + Courtesy Towel and Cleaner:

Previous Tint (lighting was difficult but it was all rippling and or peeling):

Look at the shadows of how bad it was.

After:

If I broke any rules please let me know. I do not want to be known as "that guy". I plan to do a few videos of the car and vlog when I have time.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:35 AM
LoneStar5.0

Default nice

nice looking tint job. I've gotta do the same to mine. if anyone knows a good tint guy in the Clear Lake area, south of houston, please post their info.