Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

2015 Mustang What do you think ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 04:11 AM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

I love it. If I didn't have my S4, I'd go back into a mustang by way of the 2015. Bout time mustang enters the "now."
Old 12-11-2013, 06:44 AM
REMINGTON RAY

Originally Posted by 13pony
......it's obvious the motor company want's to sell more Mustangs outside the U.S. than to real Americans....
I think thats the point right there. Ford wants to bring the mustang fit and finish up to European standards and appeal to a broader range of buyers. Its all about selling more vehicles.

By the way....what is a "real american"? Can you define "American" in terms other than how you percieve yourself? Last time I checked, Americans were just as diverse a population as any other country, if not more than any other country. My point being, Ford designers have to take into consideration a wide "diversity" of personality types and subjective opinion when designing a car if they want to sell the most vehicles and keep a badge/brand name alive. Competition is fierce. If they taylor one car to one certain personality type then they fail to ensure the longevity of the brand. I think everyone will like something about this new car, and dislike something about it. It doesn't change the fact that it is still a nice car.

The fact is, there are many different types of Americans. I "real american" is someone who expresses their opinions and subjectivity freely, just like you have expressed your opinion here. Please try to rememeber that the only such thing as a "real american" is a person who can have any wide range of life perspective and subjective opinion. Our opinions may be shared by many, but usually not by most. You do a good job of forming your own opinions, just make sure you don't condemn others for doing the same.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:47 AM
REMINGTON RAY

Originally Posted by AZAlloy
I love it. If I didn't have my S4, I'd go back into a mustang by way of the 2015. Bout time mustang enters the "now."
Right on. I love the car, but dislike a few things about it. I'm thinking of getting one used in about 5 years. My 2000 mustang I never wanted, but got it for $1300. I actually have fallen slightly in love with it, and sort of falling in love with mustangs in general now. This new car sort of seals the deal for me...i'm keeping my eye on this one for a few years.

By the way, has anyone found out if the mustang has really enetered the "now" by making it IRS? Or is it still an ancient old solid rear axle?
Old 12-11-2013, 07:54 AM
ATCzMustang

The main thing missing though was that they should have made it so the place to fill the gas up was behind the rear license plate. Then and only then would the car have been 'right'
Old 12-11-2013, 08:15 AM
REMINGTON RAY

Originally Posted by ATCzMustang
The main thing missing though was that they should have made it so the place to fill the gas up was behind the rear license plate. Then and only then would the car have been 'right'
That would be cool, like the old school muscle cars back in the day. I wonder if there are any EPA or other car industry standards that limit the placement of the filler.

I think the auto manufacturers don't do that anymore because of the ergonomics of it. I had a 70 chevelle like that, and I am 6'5" tall. It was a real pain getting down to fill up the tank with my bad knees. I actually had to sit on the back of my heels to fill that car up because I am so tall.

However, I am still a fan of the old school filler location behind the plate. Makes for a cleaner line.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

The one main thing I don't like is the current trend of extending the rear canopy slope so far back on the car. Everyone is doing it. On this new Mustang it extends almost to the very rear, leaving almost no flat 'trunk' surface. I know it's for aerodynamic purposes but it just doesn't look good to me.

And they've definitely 'softened' it up. Whether that's also for aerodynamics, to appeal to Europeans, because 'that's just the way everything is now', or just because they have a fresh batch of young engineers who think this way... dunno...

That being said, I do like it. It's going to be harder and hard to find new models that still have the old 'pushing air' flat muscle look. It's just too hard in a world where car makers are taxed and fined for not meeting rising mpg requirements, and part of how they meet them is via improved aerodynamics and lowering resistances... I think the old muscle look is probably dead forever, or until they come up with that revolutionary new power source...
Old 12-11-2013, 11:55 AM
ftlv6

Default Lazy

General body style is nice, *** is beautiful, but they got SERIOUSLY lazy with the front. Come on... the Vette does not have an Impala grill, so why would Ford put a Fusion grill on their flagship muscle? It makes no sense.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:36 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

The main problem I have with it is that the front end is not unique enough to the Mustang. The whole slanted headlight/slightly angry thing is done to death now. Not only does it resemble the Fusion, but there are countless other vehicles sporting similar front end setups (Mazda 6 for example below).

The Camaro, while cartoonish and ugly IMO, at least has a unique front end that doesn't resemble another Chevy or any other vehicle. Mustang deserves the same. I would rather have seen Ford either go back to the round headlight retro look again, or go for a complete modern redesign that looks like no other car being made now. Either would be better than to homogenize the Mustang into just another slanty-eyed coupe.

Last edited by richmod; 12-11-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:09 PM
jimreinarts
2nd Gear Member

There is nothing that I like about this new mustang, it looks confused to me like a cross between the 98 and 99 and nothing like the 05 witch is still the best design IMO the change in 05 has now gone backwards and this is a bummer for mustang lovers, but should increase the value of the 05 body style!
Old 12-11-2013, 01:34 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTjoe49
Nobody is going to mistake a Mustang GT for a Fusion.
Unless you're seeing it in the rear view mirror.....

Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang What do you think ?