Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What to order on a 2016 GT? Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 10:44 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Its a new car. The dealer will be in the best option to answer questions related to options, pricing, and ordering. You will have to order thru them anyway so might as well have them answer your questions. If you dont like the available options then really "Too bad". Bitching on a forum isnt gonna change the available options and packages from Ford.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:37 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Do you want the 50th anniversary wheels or the shelby GT wheels that you posted pics to?
Not sure what Shelby GT wheel you're talking about, cause the one he posted below.
Originally Posted by Mr. D
Matches exactly to the 2015 50th anniversary wheel as from the Ford website.

Oh and D those ones from Late Model Resto, have the added advantage of only being 18's for more sidewall, and you could run staggered for a very mean aggressive look.
But again that was only 5 minutes of looking, if you spend a little extra time, you may find something you like better.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:18 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

He posted picks of the gt350 and referenced the wheels in the pic. Wasnt sure if the s550 shelby used the same wheels as the 50th like the 07-08 SGT did with the 07-09 gtcs. Thats why I asked.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
He posted picks of the gt350 and referenced the wheels in the pic. Wasnt sure if the s550 shelby used the same wheels as the 50th like the 07-08 SGT did with the 07-09 gtcs. Thats why I asked.
I think these wheels came about in the last 4 years, likely in 2014 as they have a modern look. I don't think "Old School" wheels that might work on a 2008 Mustang will look right on a 2015/16.

Thanks guys for the help! The picture I posted are wheels found on the 50th Anniversary Mustang, & likely other uses such as an option if you get the PP Package in 2015. As you guys likely know the PP Package (which I don't want) doesn't come with an auto. trans. choice. I'm trying to find out how I can get these wheels from Ford or from the manufacturer, as in my humble opinion they are the best looking wheels I've seen for my "old guy" tastes. So far, I have not been able to find them, or who manufactured them for Ford.

My #1 choice would be to find them in 18" since I want to by a base Mustang, with over the roof stripes, & auto trans. It is hard finding 18" wheels that go with a new Mustang. My #2 choice is to buy these 19" wheels & put 235 or 245/50R tires on it to improve the ride. The second choice is more expensive, but more likely to be possible. It also would make the car worth more if I sell it down the road.

I can't believe what some kids pay for wheels now. In the 60's you could buy a F.I Corvette for what some pay for wheels & tires today! I'm getting old... or I mean am old!

If you find any info. on them it would be appreciated! The only downside is I'm going to have to be nice to AK now!

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-07-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:35 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

It looks like the only place to get those exact wheels is from ford. It also appears they aren't specific to the anniversary cars, only the finish is. Which means that the dealer you get your car from should be able to swap them out at little to no cost depending on how well you haggle/know the dealer.
Old 08-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I think I may have found the wheels after a lot of time on the interweb:

Ford Parts wants $4400! Maybe Ford prices are set up to scam insurance companies! They wonder why people only buy from auto dealer parts departments when they have absolutely no other choice!

Here's the original:

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-08-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:11 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

I knew if you just looked a little you would find something, and $260 a wheel isn't bad, I would still say to go staggered with the widest tire you can put on the 9.5, and that fits under the fender.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:09 PM
trustyrusty436

Have you tried Ebay
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...heels&_sacat=0

If you don't like these just check back, I've seem several sets of wheel and tire on here before.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:39 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
I knew if you just looked a little you would find something, and $260 a wheel isn't bad, I would still say to go staggered with the widest tire you can put on the 9.5, and that fits under the fender.
It would look nice! If I could find a place to "True" tires I wouldn't have to worry about rotating them. My last Mustang was just an extra toy, but I'm going to use this one regularly. It is really hard to order a Mustang because very few people at dealerships really understand ordering, & Monroney stickers are less complete now day. Nearly base Mustangs will have an option with no price or discription on the sticker. They don't know what wheel a base Mustang will have. I see them with different 18" wheels with no explanation. It's hard to get information when you order a car!
Old 08-09-2015, 05:48 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by trustyrusty436
Have you tried Ebay
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...heels&_sacat=0

If you don't like these just check back, I've seem several sets of wheel and tire on here before.
Wow! If they put up a set a reasonable price, I might jump!

Thanks for looking around for me! I appreciate it!

I'm sitting here thinking about putting my 2012 4x4, Crew Cab Ecoboost up for sale to make room for a 2016 Mustang. I'll miss it, but I have a 4 car garage & I'm looking for a nice '56 Chevy too & I hate having to squeeze out of cars in the garage!

Quick Reply: What to order on a 2016 GT? Opinions?