Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

2015 S550 Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 09:07 AM
HoosierDaddy

Originally Posted by kenkj67
Good point regarding the warranty.
If any mods are done by anyone other than a ford dealer, does it void the factory warranty?
No. But some mods will void parts of the warranty. And dealers also offer tunes at inflated prices with a promise that they won't void your warranty but what they really mean is if you bring a problem to them, they will pay to fix it or tell Ford it wasn't tuned so they will pay.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:12 AM
HoosierDaddy

Originally Posted by squishbang
Regarding warranties: I would suggest waiting until you're past 10K on the clock before doing any major tuning or modding to the car. As it has been explained to me if the car makes a major warranty claim before 10K the manufacturer tends to pay closer attention in case it is will require a recall. After 10K the manufacturers tend to pay less attention because the car is beyond its first year or so of life any things blowing up probably aren't directly related to the assembly line. Or something like that.
Maybe. But equally important is that if nothings broke in 10k miles, its very unlikely anything will break due to a defect. So you aren't likely to get stuck with a bill for something that was a defect but was blamed on a power mod. If it ran perfect for 10k then broke after the mod, it probably was the mod.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:17 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

It's all dependent on your local service manager's attitude. I had a transmission replaced in warranty with a Roush Supercharger on the engine. The service manager saw no indication of abuse, so no problem. I suspect they have to feel you have abused the car to go looking for something to use void a warranty. The burden of proof is on Ford to show your modification caused the problem. If you've burnt the back tires off with 2300 miles on the car... they may wonder! LOL I'm 74 & never drive over 35 MPH so they don't hassle me!
Old 01-08-2016, 09:54 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by squishbang
Regarding warranties: I would suggest waiting until you're past 10K on the clock before doing any major tuning or modding to the car. As it has been explained to me if the car makes a major warranty claim before 10K the manufacturer tends to pay closer attention in case it is will require a recall. After 10K the manufacturers tend to pay less attention because the car is beyond its first year or so of life any things blowing up probably aren't directly related to the assembly line. Or something like that.

If you want something that will result in a real return on investment: take a performance driving school. Any school by just about anyone will help you get more out of your car. Another option is go Autocross it with SCCA or any of the other car clubs that do autocrosses. Get some coaching and you'll be amazed at what your stock car is actually capable of.

Agree with this suggestion, learn how to actually drive your car to get more out of it. CAI are a waste of money, you will never feel the difference in HP. These modern engines are already tuned close to the limit of safety anyway. I would put a Ford Racing suspension on the car, way better handling, and warranty and put a Ford Racing exhaust (made by Borla) on it to make it sound better, also warranty.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:36 PM
blackedoutstang15

Originally Posted by kenkj67
I'm new to the forum.
I have a 2015 GT and am interested in adding some performance upgrades in the form of exhaust, cold air kit, and possibly throttle body.
Looking for some feed back on the best brands of parts that work the best with this vehicle.
The following is what I am interested in installing:

Exhaust = American Racing 3" pure thunder "H" pipe stainless cat back
Cold Air = Airaid synthaflow
throttle body = BBK 90mm

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
Exhaust: x pipes and something similar to a 40 series flow.

Cold Air: JLP or something that requires a tune. You're going to need the tune anyways to wake this car up, and might as well start with this. Yes, the stock box is a nice setup from factory, however JLP is open box and your aired is boxed. No point in airraid (its practically factory minus a few bends.)

Throttle body: I may be mistaken, but I believe the new stangs come with an 83-85mm throttle body. The amount you would spend on a a 90mm is minimal to your proposed gains.

I got the SCT custom tune with 93 octane tune+intake (no rev limiter or speed governor).

So:
JLP intake
Custom tune
(exhaust is not a huge factor in power gains until you start working towards the engine)
$800
20+ hp
15+ tq
to the wheels minimum.

I promise if you do these things mentioned above and go test drive your car after, you will feel the difference. Throttle response is improved drastically.