The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Are mustangs fast?

Old 05-05-2009, 01:25 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default Are mustangs fast?

I have been going out more and more, and it seems like everyone from EVO MRs to Civic hatches try to race me.. from light to light to semi busy traffic.

Is it that they think the GT is fast and are just looking for another notch/win under their belt?

Or do they think it's an 'easy win'? I am pretty much intake/tune/4.10s so it's not like I am full bolt on or anything.

After a recent run in with a pretty quick swapped civic, it seems to matter more to them then it does to me (winning)

There are something like a dozen suped up GTs in my city, but I am the only one that really goes out.

I don't mind racing, but it seems like everyone want's a piece of the GT running open headers! lol.. and not everyone is friendly, some of them get PISSED when losing!~

(-:
Old 05-05-2009, 08:30 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

We could swap cars... I rarely get anything but dirty 'go sell your v6' looks from people and 1 time in 3 years now I've had someone say 'nice car'....

You should be happy with the attention Mustangs get...people love them.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:07 AM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Every time I drive my mustang I get retards trying to race me, I only drive it once and a while so I really notice it

Funny thing is I have had my porsche for a few months now and I have never had anyone try anything against me in it, mind you its really slow (an old 944) but still

And I drive it alot more often then my mustang
Old 05-05-2009, 10:08 AM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
We could swap cars... I rarely get anything but dirty 'go sell your v6' looks from people and 1 time in 3 years now I've had someone say 'nice car'....

You should be happy with the attention Mustangs get...people love them.
Agreed, I have gotten more compliments on this car than any other car i have owned besides my 95' Mystic Teal Z28.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I think most die hard import lovers think mustangs are cheap, slow, domestic POS.

If an EVO or STI is trying to get you to race odds are they think you will be annihilated.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:20 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
I think most die hard import lovers think mustangs are cheap, slow, domestic POS.

If an EVO or STI is trying to get you to race odds are they think you will be annihilated.
lol not only them but even regular WRXs.. the BUG EYES! (03)

They seriously thought they would both whoop on me from a roll, granted we hung about even til about 100 or so then I just zipped past them like they were standing still. This was even on winter tires at the time lol. I also beat an 05 STI the other night from a 30 roll, by like a car (stock?)

I'll race either (STI/EVO) but I really don't think I'll win, until I get FI, they are seriously quick with just a few mods so it's no surprise if I loose really.

Even the honda boys have something up their sleeve. It's like the ugliest, oldest, fart canniest hatch out there are the ones to worry about. Sucks to loose to one, but my ride still looks better.

(-':
Old 05-05-2009, 03:22 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Well thats just like the old clunky foxes, you never know whats under the hood of those things

I've learned to not take any car for granted, for every single type of car out there, there is some guy thats obssesed with making it fast
Old 05-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
lol not only them but even regular WRXs.. the BUG EYES! (03)

They seriously thought they would both whoop on me from a roll, granted we hung about even til about 100 or so then I just zipped past them like they were standing still. This was even on winter tires at the time lol. I also beat an 05 STI the other night from a 30 roll, by like a car (stock?)

I'll race either (STI/EVO) but I really don't think I'll win, until I get FI, they are seriously quick with just a few mods so it's no surprise if I loose really.

Even the honda boys have something up their sleeve. It's like the ugliest, oldest, fart canniest hatch out there are the ones to worry about. Sucks to loose to one, but my ride still looks better.

(-':
An 05 STi from a roll is a pretty even race, brah.

Most of the time, the civic's are 16 year old's with a basically stock engine and a drop in CAI from auto zone. There definitely are extremely fast ones, but the bulk are teens who just saw Fast n Furious.

Honestly, the majority of cars that try to race or play tag are other pony cars or decently modded imports.

You should walk away from a stock WRX man, especially from a roll.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by drhoward
I've learned to not take any car for granted, for every single type of car out there, there is some guy thats obssesed with making it fast
+1

Overconfidence can be a serious weakness.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:32 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I think your just more likely to get a race out of someone driving a mustang. They just seam the most willing to go. Now to the question of are they fast? Thats all relative. To a veyron or a ZR1 they are a slow piece of ****! To a kid in a Hyundai Accent they are street beasts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are mustangs fast?