MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Racers Bench (https://mustangforums.com/forum/the-racers-bench-127/)
-   -   what kind of racer are you? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/the-racers-bench/560502-what-kind-of-racer-are-you.html)

stealth_GT 09-04-2009 12:15 PM

what kind of racer are you?

braggart or humble?

What type of racer are you?

We all take time to choose the right parts, tune, and put in the seat time winning (or losing) races.. but when it's time to head out, do you..

rev at every car that looks like a racer, play the whole "bait and reel" game, peel out of parking lots, steal the spotlight in crowds, announce EVERY mod done to the car as well as the best time at the track, claim to have 500 whp (even though it may only be 449whp). Got the blingin' rim, spoiler, bodykit etc. Everyone knows you, and everyone knows what you're running. If they don't, you're sure to introduce yourself! Quick to give the thumbs up and a smile; win or loose.

or

Are you more like "ah, it's got a few parts.. nothing special", eventhough you may have a built motor and supercharged at 19psi on a twin screw lol. When you win, it's "just another walk in the park", and a peace sign. Saying little and sharing little.. the car does all the talking. Not even a loud exhaust system or bodykit ..not even a spoiler. Few, if anyone know you, no one knows what you are really running.. they just know you're "fast as shiet" lol..

me, I have the ride of a braggart, but the personality of the humble guy lol.. loud flashy, extroverted car, unassuming driver.

(-:

GeritGoul 09-04-2009 12:19 PM

Humble and quiet for me...having a Bullitt im obviously not about flash..but i do have plans for the beast to make it fast......very fast.....i dislike chrome, spoilers and flashy body kits. just for me though...i see flashy stangs all the time and some of them look fuggin badass but its just not my style..

JD1969 09-04-2009 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by stealth_GT (Post 6470335)

me, I have the ride of a braggart, but the personality of the humble guy lol.. loud flashy, extroverted car, unassuming driver.

(-:

But it only runs 13's??
In any case I am moving this to the bench racing section.

replica 09-04-2009 12:58 PM

Depends who I'm around and if I have a sense of humor that day.

Riptide 09-04-2009 01:04 PM

humble car, humble driver 24/7

cobra443 09-04-2009 01:08 PM

I am usually pretty quiet. It takes a lot for someone to get my attention, esp. in the city. My car looks 100% stock except for the billet grill, so it doesn't attract much attention. Although since I go to the local hangout every weekend I can just about everyone knows what I have. Which is kinda nice because a lot of the slower cars wont try anything knowing what you have.

Stone629 09-04-2009 01:11 PM

If you ask me, I'll tell you what I have and what it runs. If you want to run me, you're going to have to initiate it. On the other hand, if I see or hear someone trying to be something they're not, or talking way too much junk, then I try to be first in line to put them in their place.

stealth_GT 09-04-2009 01:38 PM

same here, most of the time I just go out to cruise. I get revved at all the time, everything from fart can four bangers to old muscle cars. I no longer even look for races. When I get a blower, I will most likely NEVER run on the street.. the faster and faster I build the car, even less likely I will ever run unless on the track...

(-:

even if my GT screams RACER lol.

DreamerGT 09-04-2009 01:39 PM

I drive around pretty quiet for the most part. So Im humble. From time to time Ill let the braggart out and steal the spotlight in crowds by giving a rev.

stealth_GT 09-04-2009 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by JD1969 (Post 6470352)
But it only runs 13's??
In any case I am moving this to the bench racing section.

yeah, I know.. I is trying.

)-: