The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

what kind of racer are you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 12:15 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default what kind of racer are you?

braggart or humble?

What type of racer are you?

We all take time to choose the right parts, tune, and put in the seat time winning (or losing) races.. but when it's time to head out, do you..

rev at every car that looks like a racer, play the whole "bait and reel" game, peel out of parking lots, steal the spotlight in crowds, announce EVERY mod done to the car as well as the best time at the track, claim to have 500 whp (even though it may only be 449whp). Got the blingin' rim, spoiler, bodykit etc. Everyone knows you, and everyone knows what you're running. If they don't, you're sure to introduce yourself! Quick to give the thumbs up and a smile; win or loose.

or

Are you more like "ah, it's got a few parts.. nothing special", eventhough you may have a built motor and supercharged at 19psi on a twin screw lol. When you win, it's "just another walk in the park", and a peace sign. Saying little and sharing little.. the car does all the talking. Not even a loud exhaust system or bodykit ..not even a spoiler. Few, if anyone know you, no one knows what you are really running.. they just know you're "fast as shiet" lol..

me, I have the ride of a braggart, but the personality of the humble guy lol.. loud flashy, extroverted car, unassuming driver.

(-:
Old 09-04-2009, 12:19 PM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

Humble and quiet for me...having a Bullitt im obviously not about flash..but i do have plans for the beast to make it fast......very fast.....i dislike chrome, spoilers and flashy body kits. just for me though...i see flashy stangs all the time and some of them look fuggin badass but its just not my style..
Old 09-04-2009, 12:23 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Originally Posted by stealth_GT

me, I have the ride of a braggart, but the personality of the humble guy lol.. loud flashy, extroverted car, unassuming driver.

(-:
But it only runs 13's??
In any case I am moving this to the bench racing section.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:58 PM
replica
4th Gear Member

Depends who I'm around and if I have a sense of humor that day.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

humble car, humble driver 24/7
Old 09-04-2009, 01:08 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

I am usually pretty quiet. It takes a lot for someone to get my attention, esp. in the city. My car looks 100% stock except for the billet grill, so it doesn't attract much attention. Although since I go to the local hangout every weekend I can just about everyone knows what I have. Which is kinda nice because a lot of the slower cars wont try anything knowing what you have.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

If you ask me, I'll tell you what I have and what it runs. If you want to run me, you're going to have to initiate it. On the other hand, if I see or hear someone trying to be something they're not, or talking way too much junk, then I try to be first in line to put them in their place.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:38 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

same here, most of the time I just go out to cruise. I get revved at all the time, everything from fart can four bangers to old muscle cars. I no longer even look for races. When I get a blower, I will most likely NEVER run on the street.. the faster and faster I build the car, even less likely I will ever run unless on the track...

(-:

even if my GT screams RACER lol.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:39 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

I drive around pretty quiet for the most part. So Im humble. From time to time Ill let the braggart out and steal the spotlight in crowds by giving a rev.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:39 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JD1969
But it only runs 13's??
In any case I am moving this to the bench racing section.
yeah, I know.. I is trying.

)-:

Quick Reply: what kind of racer are you?