The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Post your Kills List

Old 12-13-2013, 05:27 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Lots and lots of ls's .

Lets think. the ones I can remember are
mrtstang(not kill really close!)
5.0 sn95 w/ h/c/i nitrous
495whp ls2 gto
h/c/i forged ls1 trans am
random 5th gen camaro ss
cammed g8 gt

Things I got beat by in order of how close it was
kb cobra
stones camaro (you sob!)
404ci h/c/i gto
tcstangers 2v
Old 12-13-2013, 08:23 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I haven't lost a race yet in the Mustang.
In the 2011 SS. I've knocked off a few GTOs and a few 5.0s that come to mind that are worth bragging about.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Explosive

Hey blue, is your mustang going 10.50s as it appears in your sig ?
Old 01-06-2014, 11:29 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
Hey blue, is your mustang going 10.50s as it appears in your sig ?
No it's on slicks & skinnys at the strip.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Explosive

Thats awesome. I know if I saw it as it is in your sig I'd never expect it to be a 10 second car. I assume its pretty loud though ?
Old 01-06-2014, 02:04 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Naw no worse than any other mustang. Still runs thru mufflers. I'm waiting for the big silly ricer wing to go flying off one of these days.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I actually sold the black SS in my sig and bought another, only this one is a manual vert. But in the black A4 SS, the only runs worth mentioning are of course Greddy, really didn't see that one coming, but after finding out about his tune, etc it all made sense.

Also pulled pretty good on a 150 shot, bolt-on, geared 01 Cobra.. def felt good about that one.

The track kill list could go on for days, so I'm not even going to go there. I will claim a 2011 GT500 and a c5 ZO6 track kill however, mainly cause I know for fact both had the driver mod, have vid, etc..

Got completely freight trained by a bolt-on 427 C6 Vette. That one stung.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:50 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Ehhhhh??? So how do you like the vert? Story time!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Ehhhhh??? So how do you like the vert? Story time!
I'm not a fan of the Vert top itself, but I'm loving the manual trans. Its a notchy shifting som-bit*h but much more entertaining. I know the question is going to be asked, so I'll go ahead and address it now. "Why did you sale a H/C LS1 just to buy a stock one?"

Answer.. The one I sold was a 10k mile, mint condition SLP optioned out SS. In other words, I paid much more for it than a run of the mill LS1. I also needed a small truck and commuter, so I decided to sale the SS, bought a 4 cylinder Ranger, then started shopping for another car to mod that cost less than $10k. So basically I'm paying the same out every month on two cars that I was paying for one.

Greddy hooked me up with new NGK plugs and an LS7 clutch. Still gotta get the clutch in. Already did headers, lid, and free mods. Next up is tune and cam...then I'm going to adjust accordingly so I pull on Greddy again this summer
Old 01-09-2014, 11:01 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
I'm not a fan of the Vert top itself, but I'm loving the manual trans. Its a notchy shifting som-bit*h but much more entertaining. I know the question is going to be asked, so I'll go ahead and address it now. "Why did you sale a H/C LS1 just to buy a stock one?"

Answer.. The one I sold was a 10k mile, mint condition SLP optioned out SS. In other words, I paid much more for it than a run of the mill LS1. I also needed a small truck and commuter, so I decided to sale the SS, bought a 4 cylinder Ranger, then started shopping for another car to mod that cost less than $10k. So basically I'm paying the same out every month on two cars that I was paying for one.

Greddy hooked me up with new NGK plugs and an LS7 clutch. Still gotta get the clutch in. Already did headers, lid, and free mods. Next up is tune and cam...then I'm going to adjust accordingly so I pull on Greddy again this summer
Got your PM>..sorry to derail the thread further..but these pics address the shifting issues I had with mine. Aside from these two failures I've not had any issues. You will have to get used to the LS7 clutch... the extra weight is noticeable over the stocker but it seems to drive 'easier'? It's winter here so I don't know about launching or hard shifts at 6600 just yet.

Stock PP (note the pieces missing)... pedal starting sticking to the floor

LS6 PP (There was another crack just like this on one of the bolts)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Post your Kills List