Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

PC7140 issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 05:36 PM
nc_lx5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default Diablo PC7140 issues

Ok, I have a 06 GT w/5spd. Installed the ProCharger Stage 2 kit. I did have the BBK 62 mm TB on it and figured that was the reason for the car not running with diablo tune. I installed the Bama tune that has the bbk tb tune on it and the car the car would run.
Today I took the bbk tb off and installed the factory tb, returned the car back to stock tune. After this I installed the diablo tune for the stage 2 kit. Once the install was done I fired the car up. It ran about 3 mins and died. The message center said "check gas cap". The car will fire up but die immediately. I put the car back with bbk tb and Bama tune, car runs! My check engine light is on for the car running rich. I know why it's doing that cause of the larger injectors. Any ideas why the car won't run in stock form with the diablo tune??

Last edited by nc_lx5.0; 09-10-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

Can't say I have ever heard of such an issue, were there any trouble codes with the ProChrager tune?

FWIW, thats not a 'diablo' tune, its a tune developed by ProCharger that happens to be in a Diablo tool

Thanks
Old 09-11-2012, 12:24 PM
nc_lx5.0
2nd Gear Member

No trouble codes at all. Just when the car cuts off....message center says "check gas cap". Tried it several times even leaving battery unhooked for an hour. Still no go with procharger tune. Its weird that the car will run on the bama tune(set up on the 93 octane race tune) with the procharger.
So, since it's a procharger tune I should contact procharger?
Old 09-11-2012, 01:00 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nc_lx5.0
Ok, I have a 06 GT w/5spd. Installed the ProCharger Stage 2 kit. I did have the BBK 62 mm TB on it and figured that was the reason for the car not running with diablo tune. I installed the Bama tune that has the bbk tb tune on it and the car the car would run.
Today I took the bbk tb off and installed the factory tb, returned the car back to stock tune. After this I installed the diablo tune for the stage 2 kit. Once the install was done I fired the car up. It ran about 3 mins and died. The message center said "check gas cap". The car will fire up but die immediately. I put the car back with bbk tb and Bama tune, car runs! My check engine light is on for the car running rich. I know why it's doing that cause of the larger injectors. Any ideas why the car won't run in stock form with the diablo tune??
nc_lx5.0,

I would take your Mustang to a reputable local Speed shop and get your Mustang dyno tuned. Each car has their own characteristics and there's probably some drive-ability tables that can be played with, easily. If you need help finding a quality Speed shop, give our Bama team a call @ 888.226.9764 and they'll be able to help you out.

Let me know how you make out with this or if you have any other questions!

Shane
I
Old 09-11-2012, 01:06 PM
nc_lx5.0
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Shane,
I was trying to get the car to run on the procharger tune since it would be setup for the larger injectors and wouldn't have to worry bout the MIL coming on. The Bama tunes runs the car but the MIL light comes on because of the injectors are larger than stock. My car is due for NC inspection and I was tryin to get it inspected by the 15th of this month.
I do plan on taking it to Pro Dyno in SC next month.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nc_lx5.0
Thanks Shane,
I was trying to get the car to run on the procharger tune since it would be setup for the larger injectors and wouldn't have to worry bout the MIL coming on. The Bama tunes runs the car but the MIL light comes on because of the injectors are larger than stock. My car is due for NC inspection and I was tryin to get it inspected by the 15th of this month.
I do plan on taking it to Pro Dyno in SC next month.
When you get a chance, load the ProCharger tune to the car, then connect to a PC and export the backup and last tune written files and send them to me at support @ diablosport.com please.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2012, 01:21 PM
nc_lx5.0
2nd Gear Member

Ok. After talking to procharger and Bama im stuck! Procharger won't support me since I'm the second owner and Bama won't send me just a injector tune because I installed the procharger so my tunes for life is void now!!! Great!!! Should've listened to Pro Dyno to begin with!!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Did you not read MikeDiablo's last post before you posted???
Old 09-11-2012, 01:37 PM
nc_lx5.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Did you not read MikeDiablo's last post before you posted???
Nope!!! If I did I wouldn't have posted my last post.

Thanks Mike...I will try to get that to you within the next few days.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

No problem, let me know and we'll check it out.

Quick Reply: PC7140 issues