Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

Cold air intakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 01:38 PM
Notterdam Paris

Default Cold air intakes

Hi guys .I got 14 v6 6 spd, stock . Wanna get a quality cold air intake. Price changes from 55$ to 500$ on ebay from different manufacturers. But all look the same, just a pipe, a filter, heat shield and some bolts. I dont wanna ruin engine and spend too much on it. Does price affect on its quality or not? Thanks in advance
Old 06-28-2017, 07:32 PM
JimC

The stock air intake is already a cold air intake and works well. If all you want is the extra "noise" and underhood "bling" it doesn't matter much which aftermarket intake you get.

As far as performance gains, that is all in the tune.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:05 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Notterdam Paris
Hi guys .I got 14 v6 6 spd, stock . Wanna get a quality cold air intake. Price changes from 55$ to 500$ on ebay from different manufacturers. But all look the same, just a pipe, a filter, heat shield and some bolts. I dont wanna ruin engine and spend too much on it. Does price affect on its quality or not? Thanks in advance
The Steeda CAI is manufactured to the highest quality under ISO 9001:2008 standards.

https://www.steeda.com/v6-mustang-co...-555-3159.html

You can read about our CAI here - https://www.steedablog.com/2012/03/2...-intake-truth/

Due to a substantial increase in airflow, a custom tune is required for use with this Cold Air Intake. We recommend the SCT X4 Tuner with our Steeda Lifetime Certified Tunes. You will yield max gains with the tune!.

Let me know if I can help assist with forum pricing.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 08-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Parker9090

Roush, steeda, jlt, c&l, k&n

(I like the deep roar from the roush the best)