V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Mach 1 Chin Spoiler Installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 12:19 AM
Jefferson

Default Mach 1 Chin Spoiler Installation

This step by step tech article was provided by Durr727.
Thank you Ryan.

Mach 1 Chin Spoiler Installation Guide

Since alot of people commonly ask how-to install a chin spoiler and the details about it, I thought I would make a guide since I was putting mine on anyway.

Tools/Materials: Drill with 1/4" drill bit, Masking/Duct Tape, Push pin rivets/Nuts and bolts.
-I used both bolts and push pin rivets becasue my local auto parts store was out of them, but you may use either.

1. Raise the front of your mustang using jacks with jackstands or driving your car onto a wooden ramp etc... I used my garage becuase the driveway is on an incline thus I can get underneath my car.

2. Aline your chin spoiler with the edge of the wheels wells and tape it in place. Make sure it is secure because when you are drilling it does move around a little.

3. Check the fitting once you are finished taping it because once you start drilling and putting in the bolts etc... it becomes really hard to start over.

4. Drill 1/4" holes into each of the pr-drilled holes already in the chin spoiler. I didn't use them all, but use the ones needed to properly secure it to the bumper. (ie. ends, 3/4s, middle)

5. Remove all of the tape.

6. Show off you new look.

Estimated Installation Time: 45-60min

Click Here to access the active thread.