V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Lowering Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 02:06 PM
justinharwell5

Default Lowering Problem?

I put the Eibach Prokit in a little over a month ago. It was a great mod. Gives the stang just the right stance. My problem is that about 3 days ago i noticed that my drivers side back fender well gap was back to almost stock height. (its serioulsly just over an inch higher than the passanger's side). Is it possible that the spring on that side actually settled UP? i made sure that the pigtails on the bottom of the springs were pointed toward the drivers side, per the instructions when we installed them. My guess is that is may have turned slightly making it higher. i havnet taken the wheels off yet to check it out so im not 100 % whats actually going on under there, but it is making the car vibrate at normal driving speeds and im sure is not helping the life of my tires. any help would be greatly appreciated.

O yes before i make a second unessaceary post........also after the lower i noticed the car kind of likes to "steer itself". ive read this is bump steer. is this pretty common after a 1.5 drop? and also will new tierod ends (bumpsteer kit) completely eliminate this? ive seen them on alot of sites for around 150.

and just so everyone knows the setup for the suspension is eibach prokit w/ camber bolts and stock shocks(until i can find a good deal on some aftermarket ones. man those are expensive)

Thanks
Old 02-25-2007, 02:15 PM
GregoryA44
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Lowering Problem?

did you get an alignment when you got it lowered?
Old 02-25-2007, 02:20 PM
justinharwell5

Sure did. drove it from the shop straight there. everything in spec as of then.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:24 PM
GregoryA44
4th Gear Member

it took about a month for my eibach to settle in good!
Old 02-25-2007, 02:34 PM
justinharwell5

well they definately shouldnt get higher i wouldnt think just on one side. it looked fine for a month, then that back divers side "lifted". im just confused of why it would do this. i think im about to go take the back wheels off and compare. hopefully ill have answers when i return.......or at least more helpful questions.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:37 PM
GregoryA44
4th Gear Member

who put them on for you?
Old 02-25-2007, 03:04 PM
justinharwell5

<---------He did. Yeah i put them on myself. took about 2 hours. Me and a friend put them on in his shop. It was an easy install and everything went fine other than strippping the head off one bolt and having to replace it. who the hell puts those on so tight anyway? haha
Old 02-25-2007, 03:11 PM
GregoryA44
4th Gear Member

ford lol
Old 02-25-2007, 03:45 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

thats weird as hell. u sure someone didnt jack one of your springs and throw in a stocker[8D]. maybe it just didnt get quite set in there when you put it in and it kinda poped out a little.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:38 AM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

since the back is simple to take apart anyway i would remove the whole back suspension and check it all out check the springs to make sure they are both eibach and the same height, also check to make sure nothin is caught under the spring and whatnot. if nothin is wrong, reinstall pointin the pigtail in the right direction and see what its like then, if the springs are the same size then somethin is holdin it up

Quick Reply: Lowering Problem?