V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Car problem HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 05:19 AM
Chubs

Default Car problem HELP!!!!!!

ok i got a 04 3.9,v6 5spd a few days ago i was driving, first gear fine second gear fine push clutch in to go to third and the clutch pedal sticks on the floor and it wont go in gear so i pull up on the pedal push it back in and it still wont go into an gear. the pedal feels good but its not doing anything. i was about 200ft from my house so i had a buddy push and when it was rolling i slipped it in gear w/o clutch, i gave it gas and clutch was slipping like mad(couldent get over 1,500rpm w/o slip. ok ive had car for one week, its an 04 with 25k on it, still under factory warrenty. towed it to local dealer and he calls me up saying that the clutch is bad and its gunna cost me $600. they havent torn it open yet he just drove it(i left it in first gear when it was towed so he didnt try to switch gears) now i got a prob i dont think its JUST a bad clutch i think somthing broke and killed my clutch. i also dont have or want to spend $600 on a week old car. he told me that if they take it apart and its been tampered with or the clutch is burned out then i pay but if somthing under warenty broke they pay for the parts and all labor but might not pay for the clutch. what do you guys think, HELP!!!

im thinking slave cyl or master are those covered in warenty

Tahnks
Steve
Old 08-03-2005, 02:36 PM
02StanGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Car problem HELP!!!!!!

Does the v6 have a hydraulic clutch? It's still under warranty they should pay for it. If its used, who's to say the previous owner wasn't the one who screwed the clutch up. You would have to drive like **** popping the clutch and riding it for a straight week to make it burn up. Make them pay.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Chubs

i dunno if its a hydro clutch im pretty sure it is.
yeah thats what i was tellin the guy, even if i did drive like crap(WHICH I DIDNT) i dont think it would cause the clutch pedal to stay down on the floor, and i would still be able to get it in gear it just wouldent move. but either way it sounds to me like hes trying to blame us. he said "i thinks you burned out the clutch and if it looks like anyone tried to adjust anything then you have to pay $600." what im having a hard time under standing is I bought the car 75mi from here, but still has fatory warrenty, so i have it serviced in town, but my local guy is making me call the place i bought it from every 5min to ask warrenty questions cause he dosent know what is under warenty. i think its time to get on the phone and call the regional manager or somthing. to make things even better the darn cd player broke the day i bought the car, it playes cds but wont eject them. Maybe i got a lemon.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:00 PM
02StanGT
4th Gear Member

My cd player had that same problem. They took it out, ordered a new one, mailed me my cds 6 weeks later. The new cd player I got wouldn't play cds so I had to get yet another one. Driving without music sucks.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Chubs

sounds like the stock cd players have alot of issues. maybe i should just put in after market, yeah i cant drive w/o music, it makes me get frustrated really easily but i tend to at least do the limit, wth music if a good song comes on i can find myself doing 20+mph over the limit, go figure im either pissy or speeding, maybe i need a theripist for this one.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:44 PM
myfirststang
1st Gear Member

I have an 04 w/ 12k miles on it. Everything in your car is covered under your warranty. All you have to do is make sure that the warranty is transferred over to you when you purchase the car. The warranty is also honorable by an Ford franchise. The reason why your local shop doesn't want to do it is b/c it costs them money, (bad for business), to work on your car that they didn't sell. The dealer you bought it from should have given you a copy of your warranty, if not , then ask him for it. Take that warranty to the Ford dealership that you hare having your car serviced at. The can't make you pay for anything if you didn't do anything to have it break.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:55 AM
patterrr
1st Gear Member

About the CD players - they do suck. Mine skipped nonstop on brand new CDs, so I took it in a week after I bought it, and they replaced it (under warantee). It still skipped every few seconds, so I bought a Pioneer on my way home, and it is has done great for the last 5 years. Mustang CD players just really suck.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Chubs

UPDATE......Well her i am at a crossroad. the ford dealer who said " if it your clutch which is not under warrenty, it will be $600. came back and said" its gunna be a lil over $1,100" WHAT THE F*** i called about 6 tranny shops in town told them what happened how it broke and how much. they all said its not a clutch, but if it is a clutch, the MOST they will charge is $600.. NOW hmmm lets see the dealer orig said if its a cluth itl cost $600 i doubt that a cawinkedink, cuz youd think a ford dealer would have replaced a mustang clutch and would have been a lil closer to the ball park instead of $500 off. the parts list that ford place says they are doing is, clutch,clutch cover plate, clutch housing, bearings, "a"lever, cabel for lever, flywheel. Im thinking im getting the royal screw. if i take it outa the dealer now its gunnna cost me $575 cuz they took it apart and put it together. then id have to pay $600 tomarow. but if i take it somewhere else i stand the chance of them saying your "blank" was the prob the whole time and that caused the prob the whole time, and it shoulda been under warrenty......... what wouls yall do leave it there or take it to my other tranny guy ive used for years. Both have same warrenty but after all this i think ford would try to get their way outa warenty work, i KNOW my guy will warenty it no matter what i do( i could go do doughnuts it the fild across the street break it call him for tow and he fix it. but i still dnt know it could really be a 1,100 prob and for is just tellin part of it which means my shop might charge me 1,100 then im 1,600 in da hole..........HELP!!!!!!!

Steve
Old 08-05-2005, 01:22 PM
myfirststang
1st Gear Member

I dont understand why you are getting charged. Ask them to show you in the warranty agreement that it says that you will have to pay for something breaking while the car is still under warranty. Why don't you contact the place that you bought it from and have them fix it. They sold it to you, shouldn't they fix it for you as well. I know its far away but shipping the car to that place would be cheaper than the costs that you are talking about now.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:08 PM
ForMembersOnly
1st Gear Member

Please start typing with complete sentences and proper grammar. This thread gave me a headache by just attempting to read it.